MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 01-31-2013, 02:36 PM   #16
TEC
Found some matches.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtr View Post
I went in a month or so ago with the coupon from the website and my KCBS card and was told it was a no-go - there was no longer a deal with RD and KCBS. She let me in anyway, probably because I'm so hot.

This took place after it was announced that things were square with KCBS and RD btw - she put in the code and everything, and got the message that the day pass deal was no longer in place. Does this mean RD needs to update its info with KCBS or does KCBS need to update its info with RD?
I'm glad see that I am not the only one experiencing issues.
TEC is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-31-2013, 02:42 PM   #17
Jason TQ
somebody shut me the fark up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEC View Post
I saw a thread a while ago that stated things were square again with KCBS members getting day passes at Restaurant Depot. So myself and my KCBS member holding buddy went tromping up to Restaurant Depot here in Atlanta this morning and we were told flatly that we would not be admitted. The lady behind the counter even showed us a hand written note on her computer monitor stating that no day passes were to be given to anyone. When I told her that their national marketing director issued a statement back in November saying that KCBS members were eligible for day passes she told us that her, nor her manager knew nothing about it.

So what is the deal with KCBS and Restaurant Depot?
Are you going to the one downtown or Norcross??

I literally was at the Norcross one about an hour ago and I put my card on the counter as I always do, she picked it up, did something on the computer that looks like looking up a code, took out the little piece of paper and wrote the code down and said "have a nice day". Didn't flinch for a second.

Old 01-31-2013, 02:49 PM   #18
annalada
Found some matches.

I just spoke with the manager of our Atlanta store and he said you are more than welcomed to shop in the store (which you are.. there and any of our stores if you show your KCBS membership card). I am very sorry for the trouble. If it ever happens again, please ask to speak to the store manager.

-Anna Lada
Restaurant Depot Marketing
annalada is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-31-2013, 02:59 PM   #19
Goddahavit
is one Smokin' Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by bander7003 View Post
I have to admit that I cheated... I occassionally had trouble with the KCBS card so I filed for a tradename for a catering business and got my own card. Worked like a charm ever since.
Did they say it was only good monthly? As in if i didnt use it in a month i needed to reapply?
I took my tax id and got a card and all, and thats what they told me, i dont often drive the 1-1.5 hours to get there, only when im in a pinch for briskets.

Havent been back since... Seems a way to not sell product.
Backyard Jambo
Stump's Stretch
Bubba Keg
Weber WSM
Old weber gasser
Goddahavit is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-31-2013, 03:07 PM   #20
John Bowen
is Blowin Smoke!

I went to the one in Memphis one week ago and used my KCBS coupon with my membership card - they let me right in and did not do anything on the computer but gave me a hand written day pass – like Mr. gtr I am sure it was because I too am hot!
John Bowen is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->
Old 01-31-2013, 03:26 PM   #21
chingador
is One Chatty Farker

I just grabbed the tax exempt form from the company I work for and my business card and headed down there. Told them that we do a lot of entertaining clients (we are no way related to the restaurant biz) and needed an account. I also told them that I was in a purchasing position (technically I am since I am the GM). They had no problem with that and I got my membership.

To be honest, after shopping there a couple of times, I don't see a huge amount of value in shopping there. I have not seen the meat quality to be better than what I can get at Sams or Costco. Everything is in such large putups, that it doesn't work for me. Everything is in bulk and I just don't need all of that. I honestly do not see any cost savings over Sams or Costco.

That said, it is cool to walk through there anyway, so I will be there tomorrow morning seeing if there is anything there that I cannot live without. I was planning on buying a large pack of ribs there, but I just read that loin back and St Louis ribs are on sale at HEB for under $2/lb, so we will see what's up.

Rec Tec 590 Stampede, Primo Oval XL, Weber 26" Kettle with Gabby Grills Santa Maria attachment. Lonestargrillz 42" pellet grill on order.
chingador is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from: --->
Old 01-31-2013, 03:52 PM   #22
TEC
Found some matches.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fnbish View Post

I literally was at the Norcross one about an hour ago and I put my card on the counter as I always do, she picked it up, did something on the computer that looks like looking up a code, took out the little piece of paper and wrote the code down and said "have a nice day". Didn't flinch for a second.
I was at the downtown Atlanta store off of Ellensworth Industrial.

Old 01-31-2013, 03:53 PM   #23
TEC
Found some matches.

Quote:
Originally Posted by annalada View Post
I just spoke with the manager of our Atlanta store and he said you are more than welcomed to shop in the store (which you are.. there and any of our stores if you show your KCBS membership card). I am very sorry for the trouble. If it ever happens again, please ask to speak to the store manager.

-Anna Lada
Restaurant Depot Marketing
THANK YOU!

I'm going to get my own membership and avoid the trouble.

Old 01-31-2013, 04:46 PM   #24
posey's_pork_pit
is one Smokin' Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by fnbish View Post

+1

Norcross NEVER has given me trouble. In fact, they let me keep the day pass which is getting a bit ragged but will hopefully last until Poobah gives me my BBQBrethren card.
Smokey Joe Silver w/wooden handle a.k.a. Mini Me, Weber Smokey Joe Platinum date code ER

Sipsey: Secret's in the sauce.
posey's_pork_pit is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-31-2013, 05:45 PM   #25
Teamfour
is Blowin Smoke!

Last year I was given a hand written day pass after showing my kcbs card. I always get the pass back at checkout and have used it numerous times.

Smokin-n-Style BBQ Team - Pitmaster
Lagniappe Chili Team - Head Cook
KCBS CBJ
Teamfour is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-31-2013, 06:39 PM   #26
accuseal
On the road to being a farker

I went a few weeks ago. No problems.

Sent from my SCH-I905 using Tapatalk HD
accuseal is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-31-2013, 07:50 PM   #27
chriscw81
is One Chatty Farker

sorry to hear about your bad luck. they were wrong, though. it IS still active....

[B][SIZE=1][COLOR=black]UDS | [COLOR=blue]Blue[/COLOR] Weber Performer Platinum | Chargriller Akorn | 22.5 Weber OTG | WSJ Gold | Mini WSM | Maverick ET-73 | [COLOR=blue]Blue [/COLOR][COLOR=black]Thermapen | Maverick PT-100 |[/COLOR] Gasser(charcoal chimney starter)[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]
chriscw81 is offline   Reply With Quote