Had a Cincinati four way for supper

WineMaster

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
I saw this on Diners Drive-Inns and Dives a long time ago and it has become my favorite way to use leftover Chili.

Made a kicked up Carol Shelby the other day so here it is.

A two way is simply Spaghetti and a ladel of Chili

060F3803-16B4-417E-AB01-A0E316DA4E8A-5034-00000307AFCEF75E.jpg

For a Three way you add a mound of cheese

A41BCF50-2261-4BFF-ABC6-247A5ECF3A35-5034-00000307B2BDADEF.jpg

To complete the four way you add onions

80416C5A-C752-4BAB-80DD-624EA544DB12-5034-00000307BC2C98C2.jpg

A five way adds beans on top of the onions.

Yummy

Thanks for looking.

Last edited:
Oh my, that looks quite tasty. I haven't made any Carroll Shelbys chili in a while. Just might have to have my first four way this weekend!!

Matt

My wife is from the Cincinnati area. She likes to go to Skyline Chili when we are up there about once a year. Me not so much.

Cincinnati Chili-Five way

My wife is from the Cincinnati area. She likes to go to Skyline Chili when we are up there about once a year. Me not so much.
My wife went to school in Oxford, not too far from Cincinnati. She also swears by Skyline chili. She makes the chili with the spices and cocoa. Not only is it one of our family faves (five way with vermicelli rather than spaghetti ), but it is great for chili-dogs if there is any left over.

The other Cincinnati favorite is Goetta (sorta like an oatmeal scrapple using pork). I plan to make some of that and cold-smoke it some day soon.

Ah yes, the Cinncinnati 4 way. No finer way to work up an appetite for a bowl of chili. What were we talking about again?

I love the Cincinnati 4 way!! I prefer it over regular spaghetti with sauce now.

Yours looks deelish!

WOW.........that got me to thinking:idea: I have some smoked brisket and pork chili in the freezer...............Gonna DO IT!!!!!!!!

Looks like some Italian BBQ Mex funk fusion thang going on. I aint scared Pass the Rolaids. I'm Going in:icon_smile_tongue:

Looks like some Italian BBQ Mex funk fusion thang going on. I aint scared Pass the Rolaids. I'm Going in:icon_smile_tongue:

Um-Ya, I forgot that I had a yellow onion and not a sweet vidalia. I shoulda chopped the onions a little smaller. Kinda tore me up toward bed time cause the chili was HOT. Needed some TUMS! Tex Mex meets Italian. I love it!

I make my own cincy chili from a skyline "copycat" recipe. Just had some last night over spaghetti with shredded cheddar on it. let me know if anyone wants recipe.

I agree. Moved up here about 14 years ago. Went to skyline not too long after I moved here and have never been back. Do not like Cincinnati style Chili at all.

I make my own cincy chili from a skyline "copycat" recipe. Just had some last night over spaghetti with shredded cheddar on it. let me know if anyone wants recipe.

Bring it on Mike. And I want your Walleye Cheek Chili recipie.

Goetta a west side Cincy favorite........

My wife went to school in Oxford, not too far from Cincinnati. She also swears by Skyline chili. She makes the chili with the spices and cocoa. Not only is it one of our family faves (five way with vermicelli rather than spaghetti ), but it is great for chili-dogs if there is any left over.

The other Cincinnati favorite is Goetta (sorta like an oatmeal scrapple using pork). I plan to make some of that and cold-smoke it some day soon.

We also have the Cheese Cony where as the bun with yellow mustard and weiner then onions and chili then cheese........

Back