Questions about Lincoln, Il and Cape Girardeau, Mo. competitions

stlouBBQ

Reaction score
Me and my team are looking at doing a competition on the weekend of August 24. We have it narrowed down to either Lincoln, Illinois or Cape Girardeau, Missouri. We would like to hear from anyone who has competed in either so we can decide which to go to. We have not done either. Thanks for all input!

We did Lincoln last year.. Very nice, well run, and we are headed back again. We did Cape 2 years ago, it was fun. Only complaint I really had was very small spots to cook in. Its quite a bit further drive for us, so thats why we haven't been back. I wouldn't be afraid to cook either contest.

Did Lincoln last year and will do this year. Very well run and fun contest. Places to eat and a grocery store within walking distance if you need anything.

We did Lincoln and are planning to go back. They did a very good job of accommodating the teams.

We did Cape last year. It was ran well, the only problem with SEMO is the party atmosphere. Im not saying that a little partying is bad but at the Sikeston, Kennett, and Cape contests there are a few teams and a lot spectators that take it too far.

Thanks for all the input. Looks like Smoki Bros. BBQ will be in Lincoln. We look forward to seeing everyone there!

Back