Big Green Drum..."Maiden Smoke"

Wow!! That's weird. The pics showed up, but I lost them again. That is one sweet drum JD. The green drum fits right in with the greeness of your beautiful yard!!

Would you mind if I borrowed your vent idea? I really like it. You can really use fine adjustment that way! It's a beaut!!

By the way, were the SJ and SJP misbehaving and got themselves sent to the time out kennel?:wink:

Pristine is one word that comes to mind to describe both your DrumPit and the surroundings!!!! Great Job!!!

Thanks bro...love the new "morph"!:p

one flaw

the only mistake i see is that you are using a seltzer water can instead of a beer can. can not taste as good or be as good for you. everything else looks great.

Beautiful color <- leprechaun mod

I like the simple solution you came up for the bottom vents. Very elegant.

The pass-through hole for the thermometer probe: did you reinforce it with an eyelet or a rivnut? Or is it just a drilled out hole?

Thanks Professor...it's just a drilled out hole 1/4 inch (de-burred)

the only mistake i see is that you are using a seltzer water can instead of a beer can. can not taste as good or be as good for you. everything else looks great.

:lol::lol::lol:...but there was white wine in the can!:biggrin:

Nice job on the plugs! Turkey looks great too!!

Nice Job JD! Bend up some more stainless steel! Nice product placement with the drum dolly! The turkey looks great-so does the hat on the other turkey!!!

Good looking drum and bird John!! WA greening up alot faster than north AL. Spring fever MOD! :mrgreen:

How well do those intake dampers seal on the side of the drum? I had a similar idea but figured that it wouldnt seal very well with roudn drum and flat covers.

How well do those intake dampers seal on the side of the drum? I had a similar idea but figured that it wouldnt seal very well with roudn drum and flat covers.

Real well...there may have been a slight gap where the straight damper met the radius of the drum...but nothing that affected the temp control.

Back