My lunch today... not Q but REALLY good...

LMAJ

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
First day of vacation and it's flipping freezing there for November.
Big Al and I met my mom got lunch at a local place that only serves craft beers. Something like 30 on tap and a bunch in bottles and cans.
Anyway... this is what I ordered... along with a Yards Philadelphia Ale...

It's called the "9th and Wharton" TBA burger 80/20 black Angus beef topped with cheese steak with fried onions and cheese sauce"

It did not suck.

2321F903-82FB-47AD-AC9F-894FDF867810.jpg

Last edited:
Please tell me you ate it all.

I know i wouldn't be able to eat it all

but I am hoping you finished it all....

Please tell me you ate it all, even if you didn't.

The only thing left on the plate was the top part of the roll. It was definitely a knife and fork burger.
Big Al and The Big "E" what I call my mom cause she rocks!) helped with the fries, and Big Al helped with the burger and the rest of my beer.
There is no way I could have eating all of that and no way that meat was going to go to waste....

Dang. If YOU'RE calling it a knive and fork burger, what's a hirsute fella to do? :shock:

Ah heck. Gimme the scalpel and tweezers then. :thumb:

Let me know where that place is, I am North East MD about 20 mins from DE and 5 from PA, I wanna try that restaurant.

Let me know where that place is, I am North East MD about 20 mins from DE and 5 from PA, I wanna try that restaurant.

Hey there - it's Two Stones pub. This one was the Naamans Road location in Delaware. There are 2 more - one in Kennett Square and the other in Newark @ 4 and Marrows road. The menus are all a little different - this was their burger of the day.

Big Al had the fish tacos, and Mom had the crab and corn chowder... no one left hungry. It's one of our favorite places.

http://twostonespub.com/

That is my kind of sandwich. I assure you there would be nothing left on that plate but the porcelain.

Doesn't get much better than a killer burger and fries!

Holy carp I want one of those. I thought I was doing good with the bottomless fries at Red Robin last night.

and Big Al helped with the burger and the rest of my beer.
There is no way I could have eating all of that and no way that meat was going to go to waste....

Help with your beer might be a sign of weakness!!!! :icon_smile_tongue:

Help with your beer might be a sign of weakness!!!! :icon_smile_tongue:
LOL!! Well, it was a huge beer and I was driving so..

Really... I drive all the time so Al has a good deal going.

That sandwich looks amazing. I could dive into that, and then set it aside for a while, and pick at it a little at a time. Yeah, I'd end up finishing the whole thing. It would just take me a little while to do it. Delicious! :wink:

LMAJ, thanks I have been to the Newark Two Stones a bunch of times. It really is phenominal join the mug club if you get a chance. Really awesome beers and great food. I was hoping there was another one like it as I moved 45 minutes away from Newark but still make the trip on occasion cause its that good.

Oh, we joined the mug club but found out the laws are a little different in PA so it doesn't apply at the Kennett one, which is closest to me.

Looks like the Wilmington location is not too far from PHL airport. May have to check it out when I am up there in January. Food looks great! Always looking for good places to try.

Reading this I picture you sitting in your living room, fireplace blazing, wearing a crushed velvet robe, candles burning, and sounding like Quagmire from Family Guy in his creepiest voice using speech to text on your iPad... "Siri, write "please tell me you ate it all..." "... Giggity!

Looks like the Wilmington location is not too far from PHL airport. May have to check it out when I am up there in January. Food looks great! Always looking for good places to try.
It's 20 minutes from the airport - 30 with traffic.

Back