MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Competition BBQ

Notices

Competition BBQ *On Topic Only* Discussion regarding all aspects of Competition BBQ. Experiences competing or visiting, questions, getting started, Equipment, announcements of events, Results, Reviews, Planning, etc. Questions here will be responded to with competition BBQ in mind.

Old 10-21-2013, 03:53 PM   #76
Stoke&Smoke
Babbling Farker

I thing you're right Scottie, my bad for not asking. It was her first one, and with no band Friday, no food vendors, a DJ and the band they had Saturday, guess it was obvious.

Hopefully they do better next time, and I'll ask ahead if I can either do early drop off or just arrive Thursday.

We took our time getting out Saturday evening as we had a lot of folks in front of us. One team left behind 1 and 1/2 22" WSM's, a folding table, and a huge fire pit.

The cleanup guys asked me if it was mine....should have said yes, but instead told him no, but if nobody contacted them about picking up I'd be happy to do so! Gave them a card. It'd be an add from the perfectly good Weber OTS one of my neighbors left on the curb a couple of weeks ago!

Kind of a tough year for us, only 1 call in 6 comps. But after only 3 or 4 in 2011 because of trailer/truck issues, and 2 last year before C diagnosis, I can't complain. I think we've got our timing back now, and are used to the new trailer, and have it more organized. So with the help of a class in the off-season, maybe we can start hitting more often

Had a lot of fun with our next door neighbors Yellow Card BBQ, who were doing their first contest.
KCBS CJ/TC #17139 Member ILBBQS
Too many cookers to list :crazy:
Stoke&Smoke is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-22-2013, 01:08 AM   #77
Yellow Card BBQ
Found some matches.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoke&Smoke View Post
Had a lot of fun with our next door neighbors Yellow Card BBQ, who were doing their first contest.
We had fun as well...learned some lessons and got some experience Definitely have some ideas of what we need to change up for next season, but we knew we had to crawl before we, er...well, it will be awhile before we walk :).

The lowlight was coming home and having my wife tell me I'm smoking brisket for a party next Saturday...after we finished D.A.L. in brisket.

"Ugh, can't we do ribs??? We were respectable there...."

I'm still ticked...I know I can make a better brisket than that. :)

Til next year!
Yellow Card BBQ is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-22-2013, 08:03 AM   #78
Kave Dweller
Take a breath!

We had fun, not the finish to the year we wanted, things we could have done differently. Bought too big a butts, time line was off.

OIFMarine it was nice to meet ya.

Overall good time.

Creators of "Reverse Shigging": When your competition wants to know what your doing so they know what doesn't work.
Kave Dweller is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-22-2013, 10:00 AM   #79
Coz
is One Chatty Farker

It was great seeing every one for the last time before winter sets in and I lock myself in the garage for a month or two. Hi Hi Ho its off to build I go ! Corey understands any ways !
Stumps Clone " CHRISTINE " ONE Evil Biotch and another in process

BRINGIN' THE HEAT BBQ Team
just Cloning around
Coz is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-22-2013, 10:05 AM   #80
Thermal Mass
is one Smokin' Farker

Congrats on the RGC Coz!

It was pretty cool, and a pleasure chatting with you and you're brother.
[URL]http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=153650[/URL]

"[COLOR=Navy]When it comes right down to it, you just want to be surrounded by good people and good food."[/COLOR]-Chuck Hughes
Thermal Mass is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->
Old 10-22-2013, 11:31 AM   #81
Coz
is One Chatty Farker

Thanks Josh
Stumps Clone " CHRISTINE " ONE Evil Biotch and another in process

BRINGIN' THE HEAT BBQ Team
just Cloning around
Coz is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-22-2013, 11:44 AM   #82
Kave Dweller
Take a breath!

I understand all to well Coz! For me it starts this weekend with that sketch I sent you. The goal is cooking on it in March for a CBJ class I am cooking for. . . Shouldn't be a problem.

Until May, looks like we are back to progress emails. . . Kinda upset the season is done.

Creators of "Reverse Shigging": When your competition wants to know what your doing so they know what doesn't work.
Kave Dweller is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10-22-2013, 12:42 PM   #83
Stoke&Smoke
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow Card BBQ View Post
The lowlight was coming home and having my wife tell me I'm smoking brisket for a party next Saturday...after we finished D.A.L. in brisket.

I'm still ticked...I know I can make a better brisket than that. :)

Til next year!
I know it might have tightened up a bit from the cold, but I think your brisket tasted ok, but wasn't quite done. Chewy is not what you want.
You guys did fine.

I was really surprised how many new cooks chose to do their first comp in those conditions!

Coz, congrats on the RGC Hope to see you a few times next year
KCBS CJ/TC #17139 Member ILBBQS
Too many cookers to list :crazy:
Stoke&Smoke is offline   Reply With Quote