SURVEY!!! What is the "ONE" food item that you absolutely abhor???

I guess I'll be the first to say Lamb. Tried it twice, tastes and smells like rotten meat to me. :twitch:

Love the smell of liver and onions - won't eat it tho

OK, sorry for adding one. But, recently my girlfriend was talking about how she missed the great breakfasts she had when she was little and one thing in particular...well she found it, brought it home and made it.

The single stinkingest nastiest thing cooked in my home to date. BANNER SAUSAGE in a can. Or apparently Beverly is the same vile garbage.

I took a bite even though the smell made me gag PRAYING that there was some magic change like the difference between the smell of egg salad or deviled eggs and their amazing taste. NOPE...it was worse than the smell. Ran to the garbage and spit it out. Took an hour to get the taste out of my mouth and had to leave the house due to the stench.:puke:

I like 95% of the things listed. To me the most vile thing is sardines or Haggis

Brussel sprouts------little cabbage abortions

beef tongue - just can't get past the memory of cows in the pasture CONSTANTLY licking inside their nose.

I love chitterlings!
I use to hate liver, now I can eat it(chicken livers).
Like mushrooms, olives, pickles, vegs(most of them).
I guess the 2 worst foods that do come to mind are:
escargot
sauerkraut
Can't force myself to eat either of them.
I love me some escargot. You can't beat sauerkraut on a hot dog or a bratwurst.

I've got to go with Liver (the dirty filtering organ). Miracle whip which makes me gag and that 's about it. Brussell sprouts used to be on the list but the ones in the last couple years have become delicious. I don't know what they have done to them but the fresh Brussell sprouts are great

For me there are two that I absolutely will not even try, both are from the Philippines:

Balut - Basically hard boiled eggs with a chick inside. They take the egg from the hen at about 17 or 18 days, bury it in a compost pile for about a week, then they cook it.

Dinaguan - which is chitlins cooked in the pigs blood with a couple of chili peppers added.

i can't believe that nobody's mentioned Shane's brisket . . .

For me there are two that I absolutely will not even try, both are from the Philippines:

Balut - Basically hard boiled eggs with a chick inside. They take the egg from the hen at about 17 or 18 days, bury it in a compost pile for about a week, then they cook it.

Dinaguan - which is chitlins cooked in the pigs blood with a couple of chili peppers added.

So far can't think on anything i won't eat but those two are on the "won't try" list.
Have never tried souse (head cheese) or scrapple or livermush of lutefisk but pretty sure they're on the "don't try" list.

Not chicken but duck eggs.
They aren't covered in compost at all....but inserted into unhusked rice and incubated, then hard boiled when the little duckling embryo is formed, 16th day onward.

I absolutely hate Durian fruit !

I was visiting my fiancée and family in Malaysia and they love Durian. I never tried until then or had smelled one. Its the foulest nastiest tasting fruit I have ever tasted.

I hate to say it but at least I'm safe to say it, as I know my Fiancée or family wont read this, lol. But my future Mother-in-laws cooking was very hard to eat.

Other things I hate
Beets
cottage cheese
tomatoes OK....Tomatoes on Hamburgers not OK

6450331697_3a2c79cd6e_o.jpg

It's gotta be this....

Stinky Tofu. There's a few places in Hong Kong that sell it, and the stink just knocks you out hen you walk by.. even if you're not that close.

I actually ate some in Shanghai. We were out with business colleagues. I could not refuse. It was so bad. I gagged but forced it down.

The only other thing I remeber of the evening was the really hot "Tiger" beer girls dressed in blue satin that were promoting the beer in the restaurant that evening... I growled at them (like a Tiger) and they squealed and the whole table cracked up laughing...

The tofu though... not good. A pox on it...

Cheers!

Bill

Beans. Any kind of beans except green beans. I would rather eat live bugs than beans. I can't even stand to smell them cooking. I generally have an iron stomach-I've taken a bite out of a fresh raw deer liver with no problem just to gross people out, I could sit on top of a bloated dead cow and eat oatmeal, but seeing, smelling, or tasting beans makes me nauseous and gags me. This extends to anything made from them, such as tofu or those cheap frozen "hamburger" patties with soy protein filler that everybody cooks at cookouts.

Canned tunafish. Just eat a can of cat food, couldn't be any worse. I love fresh tuna, but can't handle canned fish of any kind.

Mayonnaise or anything containing it.

Saurkraut.

Mac and cheese

Boiled chitlins

Soup. Any kind of soup. If you can't eat it with a fork or your fingers, I don't have any use for it.

Not chicken but duck eggs.
They aren't covered in compost at all....but inserted into unhusked rice and incubated, then hard boiled when the little duckling embryo is formed, 16th day onward.

My parents were in the Philippines a while back and my dad said he ate this. He knew what it was beforehand, and they instructed him just to eat the whole thing. None of this bite in the middle business.

His description of the texture was enough to scar me for months. :sad:

Back