Votes: 4 2.8%
  • The Prized Pig BBQ

Votes: 13 9.2%
  • Pig N' Out BBQ

Votes: 36 25.5%
  • Down to the Bone BBQ

Votes: 6 4.3%

• Total voters
As in the rest of BBQ remember the KISS method just look at the chain BBQ joints the names are easy to remember. I voted for Motor City Smoke but would change to BBQ or Smokehouse and if every other business starts with Motor City I would stay away from it. Have you thought about using your dads name, family last name, street name or Tater's Smokehouse? I grew up in the Dallas area and here are a few examples from there, North Main BBQ, Angelo's BBQ, Baby Back Shak, Cousin’s BBQ, Randy's BBQ, Off the Bone BBQ, Sonny Brian's BBQ, Spring Creek BBQ, Dickey's BBQ, Railhead Smokehouse and Risky's BBQ.

I voted for Pig N' Out. It tells the customer what to expect and fits your business plan for now. It also has a double meaning and play on word that you were looking for.

Slogan: Pigging Out @ Pig N' Out.

I voted for Wild About Q.

Silence of the Hams sounds more like a food truck name to me... would possibly appeal to the Yelp crowd, but likely questionable for others.

:bow:Time for a little "out where the buses don't run" spin on things. Remember the joke about how to arrive at your "Pr0n Star" name. Use the name of your first pet and the name of the first street you lived on.

Chigger Galahad BBQ. Now see how easy that is. Ok, break times over. Back to work.

As in the rest of BBQ remember the KISS method just look at the chain BBQ joints the names are easy to remember. I voted for Motor City Smoke but would change to BBQ or Smokehouse and if every other business starts with Motor City I would stay away from it. Have you thought about using your dads name, family last name, street name or Tater's Smokehouse? I grew up in the Dallas area and here are a few examples from there, North Main BBQ, Angelo's BBQ, Baby Back Shak, Cousin’s BBQ, Randy's BBQ, Off the Bone BBQ, Sonny Brian's BBQ, Spring Creek BBQ, Dickey's BBQ, Railhead Smokehouse and Risky's BBQ.

Motor City is beaten to death in Motown, which is beaten to death in the Motor City
:wink:

I am not an expert marketer but I did stay in a Holiday Inn once.

Personally Silence of the Hams sounds cute on an internet forum but I don’t know if it is a good idea to link an eating establishment to a movie where the main actor ate “people”.

Just saying.

Pit Crew Bbq, Checkered Flag bbq, Race-Way Bbq, these are a few car related names if you feel the need for it to be somewhat automotive in nature. But Are you overlooking the musical aspect like Motown bbq or something from one of the well known titles or lyrics of a song from that era. I had a bbq joint that I use the Barbra Sue song and turned it into baba barbbq for my advertisement, worked out great. Maybe Pitmaster T can collaborate something for you, and can help you out with some of that.
Dave

Looks like you have a lot of good advice above. Being successful can also be a result of knowing when to change directions.

Best of luck!
Thanks. I'm climbing up hill battle as it is with the naming issue, so I'm thinking I am going to have to make a definite direction change on that one.

And let's not overlook the fact that at the end of the movie, the hams ate the people!:shock:

Wierd, the ones everyone liked were my least favorite. It Thought Prized Pig (which I voted for) and Down to the Bone were best, followed by true blue or possibly motor city.

You could refer to Prized Pig on your menu as the Double P, and Down to the Bone as D.B.'s or D to the B.

Silence of the Hams is funny, and I could maybe see myself naming a comp team after it, but never a restaurant. That's just MO though.

Silence of the Hams would be a great comp name. As for a restaurant, Motor City Smoke (or motor city BBQ for that matter) is a much better choice. It's not as fun but its a wiser choice.

If you want something fun, Pig N Out is cute and still doesn't try to be too clever. It's my other choice. The rest are just so/so compared to those.

Silenceofthehams is a really bad name.

It doesn't mean BBQ to anyone.

I fat fingered the wrong button......the dangers of using the iPad.

I meant to agree.:thumb:

Sorry Mötley Q. I goofed.

Back