MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 12-07-2012, 06:51 AM   #556
bmonkman
Full Fledged Farker

I joined the Brethren in early August and have found it (and continue to find it) incredibly informative, inspiring and enjoyable. I just today clicked on the Purchase Subscription link located at the top of every page and signed up.

Phil and his gang have created an amazing place that to me is starting to feel like home. Thanks a lot Phil!!

Brian
Ex-pat Canadian

[B][COLOR=Red]When all else fails just ask yourself, WWGALD???[/COLOR][/B]

Last edited by bmonkman; 12-07-2012 at 07:47 AM..
bmonkman is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-25-2012, 07:51 AM   #557
Cousin Vinnie
Wandering around with a bag of matchlight, looking for a match.

Default Learning the ropes

I am not a big forum junkie, so for me learning this site is like learning how to smoke bbq but never knowing how to get around my wife's kitchen. Just a little frustrating any tips would be helpful
Cousin Vinnie is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-25-2012, 09:14 PM   #558
Kathy's Smokin'
Babbling Farker

I was quite unfamiliar with forums when I joined. First I used the "Search" feature below and looked up topics I wanted to learn about. The threads that hit were packed with info which led to more questions and more searches. Eventually I started reading current threads. After I started to get a feel for the place I posted a couple of threads and was floored by the good response. Then I started recognizing the names of some of the posters which started to make the place feel homey. I had a really crappy COS (cheap offset smoker) that was giving me a hard time cooking both summer and winter. Got a kamado smoker a few months later (in May this year), put it together in June and was amazed at the difference in cooking. Holy smokes! Went from almost too difficult to close to effortless! Immediately I started entering the TDs (throwdowns -- in the Q Talk section of the forum) and that most of all has taught me a lot about smoking meat and everything else. Instead of putting my effort into keeping the embers going on the COS I now put my effort into the actual food. Hard to learn how to cook if all your time is spent making chimneys of lit coals.

This is one of the most helpful groups of people you will find on the planet. Give it some time and effort and I'm sure you will feel the same way I do.

Merry Christmas, Cousin Vinnie!
[URL="http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=86"][I][B]Inspiration, boisterous merriment and good food are what Brethren Throwdowns are about![/B][/I][/URL]

[B][I][COLOR="DarkSlateGray"]Walk in beauty, Dan Chambers.[/COLOR][/I][/B]
[B][COLOR="DarkRed"]I am a success in life because I am loved.[/COLOR][/B]
[COLOR="Lime"][I][B]"^^^ the fark is what u eats the frog wit not? Ban Ban"[/B][/I] [I][B]Southernsmoker[/B][/I][/COLOR]
Kathy's Smokin' is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->
Old 12-30-2012, 01:55 AM   #559
Berto01
Found some matches.

Name/Nickname : Albert

Not sure how I just found this site, but I sure wish I had found it sooner!
Berto01 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-06-2013, 08:57 AM   #560
trance309
Is lookin for wood to cook with.

I was told about this site from a friend at work. I love this site so much useful info and everyone is helpful.
trance309 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-09-2013, 03:23 PM   #561
KBT
Found some matches.

In my short days being here I can honestly say that this is the best forum I've ever joined. The amount and quality of the helpful information has been fantastic. I look forward to tapping into all that the forum and its fine members have to offer.
KBT is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-10-2013, 08:41 AM   #562
BAD324
Got Wood.

a buddy of mine told me about it and for the last few weeks it has been extremely helpful. Look forward to learning more and becoming part of the community
BAD324 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-16-2013, 02:21 AM   #563
thompson238
Got Wood.

I found this site about 6 months ago and i spent the first 3 months just lurking around and reading. For the last couple of months i have been asking a few questions and actually answering a few if i thought i could help out. This is a great site that i enjoy participating in!

Sent from my DROID RAZR

Old 01-22-2013, 02:55 PM   #564
skikid00
Found some matches.

Just joined this site so I can learn more about smoking and would like to make my first UDS this spring. So far I enjoy this site and a bit overwhelming actually.
skikid00 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-23-2013, 03:40 PM   #565
RuggedRobb
Got rid of the matchlight.

ok guys, just dove in and purchesed a subscription. worth every penny. there isn't a question i have that isn't answered a hundred times over and my BBQ has improved drasticaly. only problem i have is some areas won't let me in unless i have made a recent post. well as a newbe every question i have has alerady been ansewred so i have no reason to make a post. guess i should just post "great idea" or right on". anyway as soon as i get the courage to enter a contest i'm gonna hang a bretheren banner from my tent. but thats a ways off. for now thanks for the site. Robb
RuggedRobb is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-24-2013, 09:40 AM   #566
skikid00
Found some matches.

I'm new here and definitely a bit overwhelmed. But at the same time i got a lot of info that i needed to build my first UDS in the near future. Definitely would love to learn more about smoking and hope to stick with it.
skikid00 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-25-2013, 10:39 AM   #567
Stoke&Smoke
Babbling Farker

Just renewed again! Boy this past year went fast. I actually thought the renewal email might have been an error!

No subscription I have gives more bang for the buck!
KCBS CJ/TC #17139 Member ILBBQS
Too many cookers to list :crazy:
Stoke&Smoke is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-26-2013, 12:48 PM   #568
Robicus129
Knows what a fatty is.

I just joined this week. I am floored by the amount of knowledge in here. I wished I would have found it sooner.

Old 01-30-2013, 09:56 AM   #569
popeye
is one Smokin' Farker

I also am newto the site. I am haveing trouble getting around . Just bear with me i will get it . Want to send something to keep this site going . Asd one man said i feel i am in the presents of greatness .
popeye is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-30-2013, 11:53 AM   #570
NeoTrout
is One Chatty Farker

Just signed on for another hitch. Best money ever spent! Thanks to all the Brethren and the Mods for keeping this place awesome!

Klose 20x48 Deluxe Offset Pipe Smoker
Weber 22.5, Weber 22.5 w/Rotisserie
Weber Performer, Weber Ranch Kettle, 18" WSM
Weber Smokey Joe, Weber Homer Simpson Smokey Joe
Bayou Classic Turkey Fryer, Blackstone 28" Griddle
Brinkmann Smoke'n Grill, UDS, Weber 26"
H-D FLHR
NeoTrout is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from: --->