Electric knife question

thompson238

Is lookin for wood to cook with.
Reaction score
Ive been contemplating buying a electric knife and I would like to know what you guys would recommend?

I have just a simple little Kitchen-Aid electric knife. Came with a stand, a meat knife and a bread knife. I use it all the time for poultry. Cut off the breast in one huge piece, lay it flat and cut it cross ways for the best pieces. Wasn't too pricey either.

I have a kitchen aid too. But notices they now have an electric fillet knife. I think that would be pretty deadly for trimming

the mr twister knives get great reviews and I know several guys who have them and sear by them. I just bought that cuisinart that is out there for $49. It had some bad reviews a few years back because of a plastic gear that stripped out. I think they fixed that. I used mine on thanksgiving for a ham, and turkey and about 80 slices of bacon and it worked like a champ. If I had it to do over, I would go mr twister because of all the guys i know that use them and love them

Personally, I don't see a whole lot of difference between them except for maybe the ergonomics of the design. I will admit to not having used any of the higher end ones though. I've always used an old hamilton beach for home use. For filleting fish, I use the Mr. Twister but have used old GE's and newer black and deckers. They all get the job done. I would just caution you that some of them have the blade release located where I like to put pressure on the knife when cutting thru fish bones and I hate that! LOL

Recently purchased the Cuisinart and like it so far. Reviews on it were good.

Just bought a Hamilton Beach from Walmart $14.00 not sure what the difference is between an electric knife, electric knife is and electric knife.. But i will let you know how it works when i cut my Rib Roast Tonight....

we got an older model hamilton beach with two blades unused at the second hand store for $5. works perfectly fine.

I own three they are great. I wouldn't spend a ton of money on one, unless you will be using it more than 3-4 times a year.

I've got a Cuisinart and like it. I use it mostly for French and Sourdough breads where I don't want to crush the bread.

The yellow and green mister twister, tried it and never looked back. Very solid and feels heavy duty.

I have that Hamilton from Wally for 14 bucks, use it all the time. Years ago my Dad gave me an expensive one the burnt up pretty fast. 14 bucks wont bring tears to my eye if it fails.

Another vote for the cuisinart.

The only downside is they don't protect against stupidity. Accidently dropped one in a pan of butt drippings and that was the end of it. I did go out and buy another one the next day though.

I have the Mr Twister and the Cuisinart. I prefer the Cuisinart in the kitchen because the curly cord on the Mr Twister gets in the way. The Mr Twister is great for outdoors and as a kitchen backup. JMHO

Back