• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Vacuum Sealer

Porcine Perfection

is One Chatty Farker
Reaction score
I have had two vacuum sealers and neither one of them have worked very well. Can anyone give me a recommendation of one you have had success with? There are so many at such different prices.

Thanks in advance.

"You don't win friends with salad!" - Homer Simpson

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a Vac Master VP 112 chamber sealer. It's really nice but pricey. After going through 3 others I went for this and so far so good.

Usually vacuum sealers are one of those things where you get what you pay for. The higher priced ones generally last longer. I've got a Foodsaver that I've had for years and it still works fine. If memory serves me correct it was a little over $200.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've been using a foodsaver for years. They work pretty good. Not always perfect, but it depends on what you are vacuum sealing.

They go on sale often. Check out/search a deal site like slickdeals.net. I just have a basic electric model. I have no need for the fancier ones.

Yep, keep an eye out for foodsaver deals. I have been using a Foodsaver 2200 series (not sure the exact model) for several years now for light usage around the house. It does really well and can handle a good workout. When my buddies and I do mass processing of fish or game, we have a VacMaster VP 215 chamber sealer that is awesome but extremely pricey for basic home usage.

I love my vacmaster, too. They do cost more, but I'd bet I've almost saved the cost in bags. The chamber vacuum bags are much cheaper. I use mostly the large boil in the bag type, great for reheating que, and think I paid about .09 each....

I love my vacmaster, too. They do cost more, but I'd bet I've almost saved the cost in bags. The chamber vacuum bags are much cheaper. I use mostly the large boil in the bag type, great for reheating que, and think I paid about .09 each....

Excellent point, I got a couple thousand bags when I bought mine and haven't run out yet...

The Vac Master Units are great, I looked at them when I was shopping for a sealer. I went with the Weston 2300 so I could use containers for marinating and bags for storage. I also like the readily available rebuild kit rather then sending it back for repairs.

I have heavily used my Weston without any problems.

Prago%20Weston%20PRO%202300%20530Ho.jpg

Weston 2300

But as Swamp Donkeyz BBQ States, "You Get What You Pay For".

The Vac Master is nice because the whole pouch sits inside the Vacuum Chamber.

I have a V3840 for a year or two now. Seems to work just fine. If I am sealing a lot (like 20 bags) it seems to go into a protection mode and needs to rest for 10 minutes. But other than that the only problems I've had are bits of food in the seal causing it not to seal.

I've had a lot of good years of service out of my Kenmore.

I went with the Weston 2300 so I could use containers for marinating and bags for storage. I also like the readily available rebuild kit rather then sending it back for repairs.

I have heavily used my Weston without any problems.

Prago%20Weston%20PRO%202300%20530Ho.jpg

Weston 2300

+1 for the Weston Pro 2300. I've had one for 2 years now and it is an excellent quality product. I owned several of the cheap thow-away sealers, and got tired of repeatedly buying junk. Sure it costs a little more, but you get what you pay for.

Thanks everyone. The Weston is a bit over my budget of $200. The reviews are so confusing. These things either work (5 stars) or they don't (1 star) and it seem like all the models are mixed. I guess I will wait to see if a higher end one goes on sale or clearance to get to my price point.

Back