• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Hickory Smoked Beef n Barley

cowgirl

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
I love beef and barley in any form.. soup, stew.. it doesn't matter. :becky:

I layered some thin slices of beef steak to make one large sheet...

004-6-1.jpg

topped with barley that I had cooked in beef broth with scallions and garlic, then seasoned with lots of cracked black pepper....(the broth added enough salt for me)

005-12-1.jpg

Rolled and tied, sprinkled with Big Poppas Steak Rub ( I love that stuff).

008-13-1.jpg

drizzled brussel sprouts with olive oil, sprinkled with kosher salt and cracked black pepper, then wrapped in bacon..

011-13-2.jpg

Made some of Big Poppa's party potatoes using Little Louie's Seasoned Salt with Pepper (love that too!)

into the Memphis Pro at 295F

014-11-1.jpg

basted the beef roll with butter a few times, then pulled it off the heat at 145F and let it rest while I cranked up the heat to crisp the bacon on the sprouts..

I loved the smoked beef and barley roll..

040-5-1.jpg

Loved the tatoes too.. the sprouts are great with bacon (if you like sprouts :-D).

081-2-1.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Thank you Hamilton and Joe. :wink:

Jeanie.... when can I come over for dinner???

It's a long way from Cocoa Beach, so you need to be a little patient with me!!

Looks good!

RMR

That looks devine Jeanie. My dad used to do a flank steak rolled w/ barley and herbs on the grill when I was a youngster. Loved that dish. You brought back some memories with that cook. Thanks.

I love beef and barley soup but never thought to make something like the beef and barley roll.

I'll add it to my very large and growing list of stuff I need to make.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you Jay!

Jeanie.... when can I come over for dinner???

It's a long way from Cocoa Beach, so you need to be a little patient with me!!

Looks good!

RMR
Ray you're welcome anytime! :thumb: Thanks!

That looks devine Jeanie. My dad used to do a flank steak rolled w/ barley and herbs on the grill when I was a youngster. Loved that dish. You brought back some memories with that cook. Thanks.

Gary I like the sound of doing this on the grill.. Thank you!

Thank you Plowin!!
Bluetang, definately.. Thanks!
BlueHowler thank you! I liked the way the beef roll turned out. :)

George... thanks friend! :cool::-D

That meal looks wonderful.

I love brussel sprouts. What is that wire / skewer thing you have them on?

You know Jeanie, I believe you were the person I saw with the bacon weave, now this! Thank you! I will be using this for sure! I haven't really seen beef that thin used before. Did the outside one get a bit dry? I guess the butter helped... :thumb:

Thanks for sharing.
Cheers

You know Jeanie, I believe you were the person I saw with the bacon weave, now this! Thank you! I will be using this for sure! I haven't really seen beef that thin used before. Did the outside one get a bit dry? I guess the butter helped... :thumb:

Thanks for sharing.
Cheers

Thanks Phrasty! The butter helped.. I didn't notice it being dry at all. The meat was so thin.. maybe the moist barley helped too. It was kinda tasty! :-D
Thanks again... :wink:

Dang SWSW, CWBTM, MMD, & IMF, you even made brussel sprouts look good..... :faint:(who'd a thunk?)
Nicely Done..... Very Nicely Done Jeannie & YGYBKIP :-D

Back