Bonus while shopping for UDS parts!

handliner2

MemberGot rid of the matchlight.
Reaction score
So, I've read through the entire UDS thread and decided to build one, went over to Home Depot to get parts and was in the garden center looking for cooking and charcoal grates and I see a brand new "abandoned" 22.5" weber grill lid behind the grate boxes barely visible on the back of the shelf! Looked at all the other grills on display and they all had there lids, so I went to the service desk to ask if they'd sell it. :pray: I ended up getting it for $20! :bow::clap2:
The guy even asked what I thought it was worth! :crazy: So, now I just have to fit it to my open top drum. Would you flip it and cut the bottom out or form it to the top round lip? :confused:

Congrats on the great deal.
If you haven't done it yet please go to Cattle Call and introduce yourself.

Yep Woodhaven, I have a feeling I should go back in the spring, the other half of that grill has to be over there somewhere, maybe I can get it cheap since its missing its lid! :rolleyes:

So, I've read through the entire UDS thread and decided to build one, went over to Home Depot to get parts and was in the garden center looking for cooking and charcoal grates and I see a brand new "abandoned" 22.5" weber grill lid behind the grate boxes barely visible on the back of the shelf! Looked at all the other grills on display and they all had there lids, so I went to the service desk to ask if they'd sell it. :pray: I ended up getting it for $20! :bow::clap2:
The guy even asked what I thought it was worth! :crazy: So, now I just have to fit it to my open top drum. Would you flip it and cut the bottom out or form it to the top round lip? :confused:

The HD on Eureka rd?

Back