Never waste good Fireplace coals....

BobBrisket

Reaction score
I do a good bit of cooking in the fireplace from steaks to stews and soups in the DO. Just seems a waste of good pecan coals to just let em die out. Started setting up the tree today and we had some nice cloudy, rainy, cool weather, so I said.......why not some Kabobs! Tossed my Lodge Sportsman grate on the coals and went to town!
ArmendarizT-Day09033.jpg

ArmendarizT-Day09038.jpg

ArmendarizT-Day09040.jpg

And a bacon rice and beef dish from last night.
ArmendarizT-Day09031.jpg

Mmmm... Looks like another winner Bob! Great use of those hot coals. :-D

So Bob, the pipe on the right is just for "show", right? Great looking dinner.

Bob,we gotta talk about some kind of exchange program,your kids stay at my Mom's and I'll come to El Paso...Mom's will be good for your kids!:-D
How that sound?

awesome looking grub there. wish I had an indoor fireplace on those cold rainy nights I feel like cooking over a fire.

Ahhh Bob, that looks great :!::!:..... I'll have a couple Kabobs and a plate please:rolleyes: :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

wow, great idea and pics. i forget that i have the lodge hibachi and ya just gave me some ideas on using the grate.

As a safety note, try not to cook up anything that will create lots of greasy smoke as it will coat the flue and may lead to a fire hazzard. I clean the flue every year just to be on the safe side. I also make those Boy Scout Foil Packet meals and just toss em near the coals and rotate them from time to time. Kids love to get involved with making em and watching em cook up. Nothing like some veggies and just plain old ground beef in a foil pouch with some rub sprinkled on em and a little bit of liquid of some sort of help the steaming along.

Nice looking Bob's Bob. Did I say that LOL. Great looking foodies:icon_bigsmil

Looks great Bob! But I gotta ask.. what exactly IS the temperature in El Paso? :)

I was freezing my arse off in like 40 something degree weather last night. Farking blizzard I tell you!:roll:
Funny thing is I'll be starting a thread in the Pile soon about our current weather!

Thanks again.

Bob

Back