• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Plowkids & Dr BBQ at American Royal

That. Was. Awesome. A life event for a young man right there. Well done, Ray, well done.

Few, if any, of the crowned so-called "celebrity chefs" do enough of this kind of stuff, and sadly when they do, it has the feel of a put-on.

But to see these pics where someone as busy as Dr. BBQ, man even I can see the love...

You are a class act, Ray, a class act.

That is just lovely. What a wonderful memory he will have (and seriously how many of us would have loved that sammie!). Ray Rocks for being such a great guy.

Most folks really don't know the demands on Dr BBQ at events like this. You would have never known that he was pressed for time throughout the whole thing. Uncle Ray, as we like to call him now, just make the Johns Christmas Card List. :icon_bigsmil

Todd, A son like that who can create a sandwich like that . . . what else can be said but Congratulations!

Now honestly, what was the best part of this year's Royal? Winning the invitaional, or your son cooking with Dr. BBQ?

The Pic of Michael and Ray walking away holding hands is a priceless pic!! Way cool for both. What a great weekend for you Todd!!

Todd, A son like that who can create a sandwich like that . . . what else can be said but Congratulations!

Now honestly, what was the best part of this year's Royal? Winning the invitaional, or your son cooking with Dr. BBQ?

I hate to break this to Michael, but the cook with Dr BBQ was a close second.

Michael was VERY upset on Sunday when we didn't win the Open. :icon_blush: Told him to be prepared for more let downs from his father in life.

What a weekend... an AR GC, your son cooking with Uncle Ray, and a scrapbook of memories... priceless!!!

Sorry if I sound soft but watching the two of them interact is very touching. Michael will have these food and people memories forever. Well done all of you.
Soft? I'm setting here with tears running down my cheeks!

Great memories!

Thanks for sharing the Johns family memories. Let Michael know his sandwich will be on our menu soon. Congrats to you Todd and thanks Dr. BBQ!

Awesome. Absolutely awesome.

I hate to break this to Michael, but the cook with Dr BBQ was a close second.

Michael was VERY upset on Sunday when we didn't win the Open. :icon_blush: Told him to be prepared for more let downs from his father in life.

There is a time in every child's life when they realize their parents are not the super hero's they thought them to be. Let him be upset about the open. Your super hero status is still in tact with him.

Great pictures Todd.

What a year Todd. How will you ever top 2009 in BBQ? I'm not talking about just you. I'm talking about your Butt to Butt and Chest to Chest wins with Andy, your first GC with Randy in your home town, winning the Invitational, and your son cooking with Ray. Just to name a few. What is next? The Jack? Congrats man on a stellar year.

Nate

Back