In need of a Mobile Smoker

Shotgun smokers

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
I am in need of a nice mobile smoker that will work well for competition as well as taking to work to do a company smoke of about 25-40 people on average.. I want to buy a off-set smoker and would love any suggestions. I want something that is price friendly and will last me a few years. I've tried talking to local welders about building one and no one is intrigued by the idea.:doh:

Lots of Lang fans here - I've seen them in action - great smokers.

I like the langs! They seem to be perfect for what I'm looking for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welllll.......

Check THIS out:
http://portland.craigslist.org/wsc/hsh/1868249596.html

Looks like a nice one. I've been looking for something like that!! I can't tell (and am not that familiar with Traeger) but I assume it's a charcoal cooker?

There's other Traeger's (pellet poopers) on Portland CL too. Hell.....looks like there's a LOT out there!

I guess it's not a trailer mounted one, but looks like you could ROLL it onto one? Is that "portable"?

Welllll.......

Check THIS out:
http://portland.craigslist.org/wsc/hsh/1868249596.html

Looks like a nice one. I've been looking for something like that!! I can't tell (and am not that familiar with Traeger) but I assume it's a charcoal cooker?

There's other Traeger's (pellet poopers) on Portland CL too. Hell.....looks like there's a LOT out there!"

The Traeger is an electric smoker that just uses pellets.. i know this cause i own a lil tex. the problem i have with traeger now is that they sold out and they are now coming from china.. so i don't want Chinese replacement parts id rather know my new smoker is going to come from an American made company!

Check out a Lonestar Bubba T. Some-what wallet friendly trailer mounted pits. They use off the shelf trailers and put on custom pits. I bet you could get a firebox insulated if that's what makes you happy. The owner has a home in MN, so delivery might be a bit more affordable. I don't own a Bubba T, but Tom is great to work with.

If you're only feeding 40-50 people, and transportation is an issue, a consider a WSM or two. You can cook like 8 butts or at least two briskets on each one. Prolly get 12 slabs easy. Harry Soo competes on 'em. I'm just sayin....

dmp

Can I suggest finding one to rent for a cook or two. A couple of years ago I just had to have a trailer mounted offset and nothing else was gonna cut it for me. So I ended up with a Lang 60 Deluxe with warmer, which I LOVED... But I do several contests a year and usually cook them by myself. The Lang just didn't work out for me. The amount of attention required to keep them purring along is vastly different than the 22" WSM's I use today. Yeah, the WSM's aren't as sexy but really it was just the guys that got excited about the Lang anyway. And I think I actually put out better Q on the bullets.

This was just my $0.02, so take it for that and nothing else.

Back