char-griller akorn dressed in cedar

cdn

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
after cooking on "OLE SMOKY" for 25 or 30 yrs I recently sold it and my UGA-LY DRUM, got this charcoal crock pot, decided to dress it up a little!!

DSCN1094.jpg

048.jpg

IMG_3035.jpg

That looks great cdn! One day I'd like to do something similar with my akorn. I still can't believe you got rid of that DID though. Time to make another?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

The table looks great. I also want to do something with the akorn. Maybe in brick.

Very nice work!

Are you going to raise the Acorn enough to create a space between it and the cedar top so it won't char?

Very nice work!

Are you going to raise the Acorn enough to create a space between it and the cedar top so it won't char?

I've had it to 550 with no problem, I put a strip of felt around the edge of hole, wood was barely warm at that temp. I don't cook past that temp. anyway, just finished the project, we'll see how it goes and adjust from there !! Thanks for all compliments !!

That is awesome nice job

Have fun and happy smoking
BBQ UP

Nice table! I like it! Was old Smokey a reverse flow cooker?

Awesome! I'm planning on building one for my Akorn this winter. Plan on doing the exact same except I was going to use Hardie Board to support the cooker, and then build a wood top with a small gap but the felt seems like a great idea. Let us know how it holds up to the heat. If it works, this would definitely be simpler.

Nice table! I like it! Was old Smokey a reverse flow cooker?

I appreciate your compliment of my table build. ole smoky, I originally built it with the smoke stack on the opposite end then later modified it to be reverse flow to more even the heat...

Awesome! I'm planning on building one for my Akorn this winter. Plan on doing the exact same except I was going to use Hardie Board to support the cooker, and then build a wood top with a small gap but the felt seems like a great idea. Let us know how it holds up to the heat. If it works, this would definitely be simpler.

hardie board would be a good choice however it isn't necessary to have it a tight fit to support the akorn, I used the side table brackets and the top screw of the leg adapters to do most of the supporting as you can see in these pictures. thanks for the compliment !!

Attachments

• IMG_2976.jpg
    IMG_2976.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 155
  • IMG_2996.jpg
    IMG_2996.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 156
Back