Used Vision for $150

mbrass

Knows what a fatty is.
This was just posted on my neighborhoods FB page. $150. Already asked if its cracked or anything else is wrong with it. Thoughts?

Attachments

• E745ECCB-D493-4634-AAEF-1C2160336D93.jpg
    E745ECCB-D493-4634-AAEF-1C2160336D93.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 103
I’d get it if nothing is wrong with it. I had one for 7 years and is a great cooker. No less performing than KJ or BGE

I’d get it if nothing is wrong with it. I had one for 7 years and is a great cooker. No less performing than KJ or BGE

Same, I had one of the Visions (the older model without the ash pan access) and I thought the quality and design was good. I also had a BGE and an Akorn and thought the Vision produced just as good food as the others.

Thanks guys. I couldnt believe the price when I saw it. Already have a Shirley Patio, RecTec (original), fire pit with adjustable cookong grate and a standard gasser. My wife may kill me if I get this, but I’ve never had a ceramic. What should I be on the lookout for when I inspect it? If its in good shape sounds like a steal. Assuming it wont be too difficult to touch it up.

I have that exact grill, had it for 8 years now I think. I would inspect the fire bowl at the back at the bottom of the expansion slit for a crack. Mine cracked there and has never had any other issues. I still have the original fire bowl with the crack and it hasn't been a problem.

They are excellent grills, and the control offered with the dual knobs for intake and exhaust make them very easy to fine tune for low and slow, or open wide for a raging inferno.

Check and see if he's still got the original lava stone (deflector) and make sure you grab it too.

I'd say to get it without a doubt since you said you don't have a kamado already. Great for grilling and once you get the temp control down it is pretty much set/forget. I did an overnight butt this week and I ended up choosing my Vision over my pellet because I felt the kamado was more fool proof.

Back