Pitmaster Club

dubob

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
How many of you are paid members of the Pitmaster Club (PC)? I'm new to BBQ related forums - except the Bradley Smoker forums - and don't know that much about the PC. I was referred to that site for a pastrami recipe and found out that to gain full access to the site, one has to join and pay an annual fee. I just wonder if the site is worth the annual fee. I hope I haven't violated any of this forums rules by talking about the PC on here.

Doing a search on here came up with only one thread related to the PC and that was from 2014 and really wasn't that helpful in determining the value of the $24/year membership fee.

I may be biased, but a subscription here is $25, and I feel that if you are going to spend the money, this is a MUCH better value!

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/payments.php

Plus, use the Google search near the bottom of the page and you will have more information on pastrami than you can handle, and it won't cost you anything!

I have never seen the level of talent that regularly contributes here on the PC forum or anywhere else for that matter.

With a little investment of time, you'll see that for yourself and don't be shy about asking for help with recipes and techniques you'll get that here in spades.

I am not a member of that group. However, there is some great information that comes from Meathead! I use some of his recipes including the Pastrami rub, and enjoy his book. If you decided to join that group, I am sure you could get smarter. I like the Brethren, a whole lot though. Lots and lots of things to find, and pretty easy to find them all. If you cant find it, your question will usually be answered with in a few hours...if not sooner.

Last edited:
Just a WAG, but I'd say you don't think very much of the Pitmaster Club. :laugh:

honestly, i had to google it to see what it was. Didnt know amazing ribs did that and im 100% ok with amzing ribs and meatherad.. its a good and informative website with a different model than us. So,no skin off us here. We've been around long enough to hold our own. Just thought it was an odd question since offer the same thing here. Its like asking the guys at the Chevy dealer about the F-150. :icon_smile_tongue:

honestly, i had to google it to see what it was. Didnt know amazing ribs did that and im 100% ok with amzing ribs and meatherad.. its a good and informative website with a different model than us. So,no skin off us here. We've been around long enough to hold our own. Just thought it was an odd question since offer the same thing here. I didn't know that until Ron_L pointed that out to me a couple hours ago. Its like asking the guys at the Chevy dealer about the F-150. :icon_smile_tongue:
Of the three sites I registered on a couple weeks back when I got my first pellet grill, this site is BY FAR the busiest site I've ever seen. Lots of new posts every day; almost too many for me to keep up with if I don't check at least twice a day. That's not a bad thing; just hard to keep on top of when I'm active on a dozen sites every day with my other hobbies.

And as for the 'chevy/ford' comment, I would guess that a good number of your members belong to more than one Q site and might have some insight on the PC at Amazing Ribs, so I didn't think asking for opinions was that strange. I certainly wasn't trying to stir any pots. Just a newbie looking for some answers to a most enjoyable new hobby. All is good on this end. :mrgreen:

Of the three sites I registered on a couple weeks back when I got my first pellet grill, this site is BY FAR the busiest site I've ever seen. Lots of new posts every day; almost too many for me to keep up with if I don't check at least twice a day. That's not a bad thing; just hard to keep on top of when I'm active on a dozen sites every day with my other hobbies.

And as for the 'chevy/ford' comment, I would guess that a good number of your members belong to more than one Q site and might have some insight on the PC at Amazing Ribs, so I didn't think asking for opinions was that strange. I certainly wasn't trying to stir any pots. Just a newbie looking for some answers to a most enjoyable new hobby. All is good on this end. :mrgreen:

We're all brothers (and sisters) here. Welcome to the Brethren, and enjoy your stay!

I subscribe to both, and will continue to. Slightly different flavors, but both are great!

I'll be less polite, I find it trolling to post multiple threads about a competing website no matter how good it is. And while I'm on it your font bugs me also.

yea. kinda an unwritten rule, green for moderator......red for admin

heck it may be a written rule

I see no problem with someone asking here about another site. As with anything else, share any information you might have and move on. No need for harassment. That site not is a rival to the Brethren, just another tool in the toolbox. This is the only site that I make daily or weekly trips to, but I belong to several.

OP, I’m a member of both the regular site and a PC member. I found that site before I found this one and learned a lot starting out. I found this site and another WSM specific site soon afterwards and was reading all three every day. As my experience has grown, I find myself over at the other sites less frequently and here regularly.

I figure a small annual donation helps me return the favor for the information I got. As time goes by and I use their site less, I think less about paying for annual membership. We’ll see what I decide next time it’s up for renewal.

I share some of the non-PC club info on Facebook all the time and never had an issue with searching there and having to pay to get the answer. What specifically were you looking for that is behind the membership curtain?

While you’re here, might as well take a look around, ask a smoking or smoker related question, and I’m sure the wolves will calm down and offer their opinions.

One post about it would have been fine but the dig to Phil was borderline impolite. You can have your opinion and I'll have mine but I'd hardly call it harassment...

Meathead's site was how I got interested in BBQ in the first place. I rarely go there anymore but I did join the pit master club a while back just because I thought it was the right thing to do based on all the info I got (from the free site) when I was starting.

This is the site where I spend my time though

Back