• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Shopping (meat) for the Jack

Don Marco

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
Howdy...

We´ll be arriving in Lynchburg (from Atlanta) in two groups, on Wednesday evening and thursday morning.
I know that the Organizers provide some meat and tools ( some gloves, foil and stuff) to the international teams but since were going to do a couple of test runs before and surely need a lot of extra stuff we dont even know about right now im looking for a good shopping opportunity.

Is there any good place around lynchburg where we can get some decent brisket, ribs and pork butts, good gloves, heavy duty foil, aluminum pans, cutting boards, coolers and so on ?

Thanks in advance,

DM

I think you'd be better off asking Brethren to bring it in for you. That works well at the AR for out of town teams no reason you shouldn't capitalize on that.

I would post a detailed shopping list and watch how quickly your brothers and sisters come to the rescue. :)

There is a small supermarket, can't remember the name down the road, good for for small stuff not for comp meats. If you leave the jack, get out to the "main road, and turn left they are down the road on the left. Be sure, if you can, to go tour the brewery, it was gorgeous the day I went and a great tour. Scott

There is a Sam's Club with everything you should need in Murfreesboro, about 1:15 north. I know the wrong direction, but that's all I can think of. There's also probably one in Chattanooga, but you probably aren't a member. I'd be glad to bring some things to you if you lemme know what you want, but I won't be down there until Thursday evening or Friday morning.

dmp

edit: PM me if that timing works for you.

The grocery store in Lynchburg is Woodard's and they do carry pretty good meat. I'd get in touch with them ahead of time though. They won't have pans gloves etc. You'll need to get liquor somewhere else too.

Woodard's
1415 Fayetteville Hwy
Lynchburg, TN 37352-6813
(931) 759-7227

Howdy...

We´ll be arriving in Lynchburg (from Atlanta) in two groups, on Wednesday evening and thursday morning.
I know that the Organizers provide some meat and tools ( some gloves, foil and stuff) to the international teams but since were going to do a couple of test runs before and surely need a lot of extra stuff we dont even know about right now im looking for a good shopping opportunity.

Is there any good place around lynchburg where we can get some decent brisket, ribs and pork butts, good gloves, heavy duty foil, aluminum pans, cutting boards, coolers and so on ?

Thanks in advance,

DM

PM...I'm sure I can help with some if not all!

There is a Super Walmart in Tullahoma. They will carry most anything you might need, with the possible exception of comp meats.

If you need briskets, butts or ribs I could probably order what you need from our restaurant supplier and you can pick it up on your way up I-75. (We are in Euharlee, GA). Alternately, if you would like to shop for yourself I can meet you at the Sam's Club in Marietta GA. It's a warehouse store that carries food service supplies of all kinds.

Don Marco.. Stu's Q BBQ will be arriving in Lynchburg on Thursday. If meeting any of the others at Sam's/Costco etc mentioned above doesn't work out, let me know the supplies such as pans, gloves, foil, etc that you need and I will pick them up here in OKC and bring them to you. Just PM me and let me know!

Stu
Stu's Q BBQ

I think you'd be better off asking Brethren to bring it in for you. That works well at the AR for out of town teams no reason you shouldn't capitalize on that.

I would post a detailed shopping list and watch how quickly your brothers and sisters come to the rescue. :)

I told you. :razz::razz::razz:

Have a great time at the Jack. Seems your task just got a bit easier. Now you can enjoy yourself a little.....more. :lol:

FWIW, there's also the Restaurant Depot in NW Atlanta. You'd need someone to get you in, but they'll have most everything also (including the packer-cut Angus briskets).

DM welcome to the states, hope you have a grand time.
Best of luck, don't hesitate to ask a Brethren for anything, you'll be amazed at the good will they have.
ModelMaker (Ed)

FWIW, there's also the Restaurant Depot in NW Atlanta. You'd need someone to get you in, but they'll have most everything also (including the packer-cut Angus briskets).

Most RD's will give you a one day pass to see if you'd like to join. I believe the only requirement is to pay cash.

Thanks guys, you rock ! :eusa_clap

I´ll get back on you over the next days.

Jomboy, well be using a couple of Primo XL´s and Char Grillers.

DM

BAAAHHHBEQUE I can't wait for "The Jack

I would 2nd someone getting you into Restaurant Depot. You will be able
to get most everything you need plus their meat is top quality. DM I look
forward to meeting you, as I have enjoyed watching your cooking for
a couple of years. Stop by lunchmeat I'm sure we can find an adult
beverage in the Magic cooler for you. We will have Dam dip thursday
night, I hope unless the wife tells me other wise :icon_blush:
BAAAHHHBEQUE !!! BAAAHHHBEQUE !!! BAAAHHHBEQUE !!!
BAAAHHHBEQUE !!! BAAAHHHBEQUE !!! BAAAHHHBEQUE !!!

Back