• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Beef Ribs & Leg of Lamb (w/ photos)

JazzCat

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
set-up the Weber Grill/Smoker outta the wind.
DSCN0986.JPG

Lamb on the left, beef on the right (grate & upper tier)...
DSCN0988.JPG

Used olive wood for smoke flavour and got the grill/smoker to level at 250'F.
The lamb will roast until a 145'F internal temp, the beef ribs - about 3 and a half to four hours.
DSCN0990.JPG
DSCN0989.JPG
DSCN0993.JPG
DSCN0994.JPG

took almost 2 hours for the lamb to hit the target temp...
DSCN0995.JPG

...lotsa fat on this leg portion...
DSCN0998.JPG

Meanwhile, as the ribs were finishing up, bonus food was being prepped... like asparagus . . .
and (
icon_rolleyes.gif
again) Crash potatoes...
DSCN0996.JPG

this time i used Yukons with Fennel and Caraway seeds and fresh sprigs of Rosemary once again. TummyYummY!
So, when it all was ready to eet, gigantic spoons scooped up all this food and plopped it all on plates for us to eetup
icon_biggrin.gif

DSCN0999.JPG
DSCN1001.JPG

DSCN1002.JPG

Yes, the ribs were marinated in Stubb's Beef Marinade, available at your local grocer . . .
the spears were seasoned with k-salt and white pepper . . .
and the taters are out of this world!

Thank you very much for swingin' by... I do appreciate it
icon_smile.gif

I hope your Thanksgiving Day is wonderful and the remainder of the holiday weekend is safe, and hassle-free
icon_wink.gif

Here's to your next dish being delish
smiley-eatdrink042.gif

"I am not a glutton – I am an explorer of food." ~ Erma Bombeck

Looks great. I see the foil tins under both meats, but where's the fire?
Thank you :) This grill is set-up to smoke. The fuel (charcoal) is off to the side. An 11 gauge stainless steel plate covers 75% of the bottom grate then rises up to the cooking grate.
DSCN2763.jpg

This SS smoker plate fits neatly inside of and on top of the charcoal grate of a 22" Weber kettle...

DSCN2762.jpg

DSCN2764.jpg

The open lower-grate area provides enough space for lit charcoal.
Weber's old 3-wheeler venting system works wonderful using this smoker plate. Simply close the two vents on each side and keep open the one vent directly under the coal (opposite the wheel-less leg), therefore allowing air to flow only under the hot charcoal then thru and over the food on the upper grate.
11 gauge thickness.... this thing is a MONSTER!
DSCN2759.jpg

Thank you :) This grill is set-up to smoke. The fuel (charcoal) is off to the side. An 11 gauge stainless steel plate covers 75% of the bottom grate then rises up to the cooking grate.
DSCN2763.jpg

This SS smoker plate fits neatly inside of and on top of the charcoal grate of a 22" Weber kettle...

DSCN2762.jpg

DSCN2764.jpg

The open lower-grate area provides enough space for lit charcoal.
Weber's old 3-wheeler venting system works wonderful using this smoker plate. Simply close the two vents on each side and keep open the one vent directly under the coal (opposite the wheel-less leg), therefore allowing air to flow only under the hot charcoal then thru and over the food on the upper grate.
11 gauge thickness.... this thing is a MONSTER!
DSCN2759.jpg

That's a wounderful SS insert, what are the dimensions on it? and what size of webber kettle?

Any chance you could post a picture of a drawing with dimensions of that plate you have there. If not that's cool to. Been wanting to make one forever.

Back