Jack daniel's invitational bbq

Since the OTHER issue is now DEAD!

Here is a clean slate for those going to the contest to compete, support, or to join the fun!!!

Can't wait to see everyone there!!

Great! Looking forward to seeing Dammit Andy and you again. I'll be there parking teams starting on Wednesday and doing meat inspection on Friday. Travel safe!

I guess I will post the same thing I posted in the "dead" thread mentioned, since it seems relevant to the new direction of this thread.

"Has anyone read Rod Gray's new Blog post on preparing to go to the Jack? He outlines everything you should do while you're there to make the most of it. I got goosebumps reading it. I am so damned excited we were lucky enough to get drawn I can barely contain myself!

Here is a link to the blog (I hope it is okay mods)

http://pelletenvy.blogspot.com/2010/...cook-jack.html

"

:-D

We already have stuff in the works!! Hotel...check, Mary Bobo's....check, ....

Ryan - Can't wait to see you guys! Bringing the baby????? I want to see her!!!!

We already have stuff in the works!! Hotel...check, Mary Bobo's....check, ....

Ryan - Can't wait to see you guys! Bringing the baby????? I want to see her!!!!

We got two rooms somewhere nearby. My uncle has had a hotel reserved since January. He didn't tell me because he knew I would kick his butt for jinxing us! lol!

I was thinking Mary Bobo's for dinner on Thursday. Hopefully the whole Cru can still get in. I am still figuring out numbers.

We are definitely bringing the baby and can't wait for you guys to meet her! We even have a Big T'z onesie so she can wear our colors.:p

Hopefully we'll see you at the Royal first--you all are competing right?

We are definitely bringing the baby and can't wait for you guys to meet her! We even have a Big T'z onesie so she can wear our colors.:p

Hopefully we'll see you at the Royal first--you all are competing right?

YEY!!!!:clap2::clap2::clap2:

We will be competing in the Invite at the AR. Then just hanging out, so if you need a sitter during the open turn-ins....:wink:

Miss Mary Bobo's was a delightful stop last year
We stayed many miles away but traffic was not bad
early in the AMs

Congrats again to all the teams that qualified for the draw and another congrats to all the teams that have been invited.

When is everyone headed down?
We're tentatively planning on leaving KC on Wednesday morning with hopes to arrive in Lynchburg around 8-9pm that night.

Mark/QN - will someone still be on the grounds at that time to lead us to a place to set up? If not, we'll just park out of the way and unload a generator so we have some power until morning when we can be lead to a spot.

Look forward to meeting many of those who we've yet to meet and seeing those we have meet before again.

Congrats again to all the teams that qualified for the draw and another congrats to all the teams that have been invited.

This is the guy you want to get drunk folks! He seems to have a knack for winning the big ones. :p

I am so jealous of those of you who are going :redface:

Go, Kick Azz, Have a great time, and let us know how it went.

TIM

Mark/QN - will someone still be on the grounds at that time to lead us to a place to set up? If not, we'll just park out of the way and unload a generator so we have some power until morning when we can be lead to a spot.

We will most likely not be around to park anyone that late; on the other hand, if I am around I will take care of you. You have a good plan.

We have a room at the Mulberry house for Wednesday thru Saturday and reservations at Ms Bobo for 11 am on Friday. We'll be setting up sometime on Wednesday and after reading the blog from Rod and listening to others and getting pm's from QN, we be pumped. We also will be at the AR in space 784. Can't wait. The biggest thing was finding out we made the draw and then winning in Bedford and toasting with Jorge from the present he gave us. THANK YOU Jorge.

Mack & Sharon

Really looking forward to this one:-D

We will likely be arriving Thursday AM sometime. Thinking about going to Ms. Mary's just need to figure out when.

Congrats to all and have a LOT of fun.
I'll be living vicariously thru you all :biggrin1:

Congrats to all, savor every minute of it. It is a great experience you will never forget.

We have a room at the Mulberry house for Wednesday thru Saturday and reservations at Ms Bobo for 11 am on Friday. We'll be setting up sometime on Wednesday and after reading the blog from Rod and listening to others and getting pm's from QN, we be pumped. We also will be at the AR in space 784. Can't wait. The biggest thing was finding out we made the draw and then winning in Bedford and toasting with Jorge from the present he gave us. THANK YOU Jorge.

Mack & Sharon

We have a room booked at Mulberry House too! Thursday-Saturday. I will most likely crash onsite Friday, there is a vibe in the "holler" not worth missing!

Back