Finished Pics of WIlbur...

Bossmanbbq

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
Sorry I didn't post these Friday Night! When we finished this catering Gig, my wife and kids let first thing in the morning for my sister in law and I forgot to get the pics. My AWESOME wife forwarded these to me so I could post them here.

WIlbur was a HUGE success!! had about 3-4lbs of pork left when it was all said and done and we feed about 50 people and most of them came back for seconds!!

Attachments

• eagles nest WIlbur 1.jpg
    eagles nest WIlbur 1.jpg
    6.2 KB · Views: 333
  • eagles nest WIlbur 2.jpg
    eagles nest WIlbur 2.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 329
DAMN!!!! Wilbur's got himself one helluva a tan! I can almost taste him here in central California! I'm digging the apron too.

Matt

I'm glad to see that Wibur turned out so good and that you event went well.
I haven't cooked a whole Hog in a while and your pics make me want to put one on the Lang now.

Thanks Brothers!! Just sprayed him with apple juice every 45 minutes and just babysitting him, but when you spend the money on a hog you sit and wait as long as it takes! Oh and were scheduled to do 2 more because of this!! :clap2:

He was injected with a garlic marinade prior to smoking, used some Slabs Kyle Pork Rub on him. One of the BIG hits was the Carolina Mustard Sauce, ended up selling 4 12oz bottles of it!

Wilbur chillin before the Pickin :thumb:

Attachments

• Wilbur Chillin.jpg
    Wilbur Chillin.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 228
VERY IMPRESSIVE!!!:clap2: I've been wanting to try one.Would you give some pointers if I emailed and asked details???

That is one purdy p.i.g hog you got there. That color and presentation gets my blood flowing. 3-4lbs left from a 75lb? hog, damn right that was a success!
When I get enough pork eatin' friends and family I would love to try a whole hog. As it stands now its just me, my mom and my nephew. That should clear about 5lbs. Not very cost effective...yet.

Carolina Mustard Sauce? Have you shared the recipe before or will now? Being a Chicago native I love my sweet tomato based sauces but since I found this site a few years back I now appreciate mustard and vinegar sauces just as well.

Congtrats to you.

This is the Mustard sauce receipe we used, sold two more bottles of it before we left!!
Mustard BBQ Sauce
1/2 cup of yellow mustard (Your Choice we use Ballpark), 1/4 cup of apple cider vinegar, 3 tablespoons of brown sugar (dark), 1/2 teaspoon of paprika, 1/2 teaspoon of Worstershire sauce, 1/2 teaspoon white pepper, 1/2 teaspoon of cayenne pepper (powdered), and 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper

Back