Just finished my UDS

mrobi12

Found some matches.
Reaction score
Just finished up my UDS. and did my first try at it yesterday. came out pretty decent for not having any idea what i was doing.
tmpphpd1wzDd.jpg
and to be honest, i am posting because i want access to the recipe section :roll:

Looks good mate...I'm still modifying mine...It still has'nt been painted yet, I'll probably cook on it before I paint it hahaha

drum

I just finished mine too. I'm not going to paint it at all. It is ugly after all. What kind of exhasut do you have on yours? I had 2 3" pipes and one of them acted like an intake so my temps were insane. Oops.

Jason

thanks all, and i didnt even paint it, it came like that

rw02kr43: tmpphp00EHRN.jpg

1FUNVET: is this a joke? thats a little weber gas grill.. i mean it does the job when i wanna quickly grill something but the smoker is worth the long cook time

no liner, and i burned it out and seasoned it, and that pic is during the first cook. so we will see what happens to how clean it is after i start using it often

Intake should be less than the exhaust.

i assume you mean that the intake valve should be below the exaust. well my figure is since the intake enters into the barrel at the very bottom it doesnt matter where the valve is as long as the coals get fresh oxygen. but i had no problems with it. and i was easily able to adjust the temp. does anyone have experience with this?

dataz722: i'm right off main street

mrobi12- the only thing I noticed about intakes up around the exhaust height is that the temp adjustment gets more sensitive and especially if there is a breeze. You will also find that each elbow and length of pipe requires more opening to breath. Doesn't mean anything except that a 1" hole beside your intake probably could achieve higher temps than your setup.
I can't figure out how your exhaust works?? LOL

mrobi12- the only thing I noticed about intakes up around the exhaust height is that the temp adjustment gets more sensitive and especially if there is a breeze. You will also find that each elbow and length of pipe requires more opening to breath. Doesn't mean anything except that a 1" hole beside your intake probably could achieve higher temps than your setup.
I can't figure out how your exhaust works?? LOL
DSCN3104.jpg
for the exhaust this pic should show that the taller bolt is a handle and the shorter bolt is a swivel and there is a hole cut out the top. nothing fancy. but seems to do the job
and for the intake.. well it seems like i can keep the temp at 250 with the valve half and a cap off (then again that thermometer is junk). but all good things to think about if i run into problems. bigger holes can always be drilled.. thanks for the tip

Back