Contest Announcment Marietta, Ohio June 11-12, 2010 Brick Street BBQ

Why this date? You're going up against the MIS race in MI and that will be a big draw this year.

It's also a big vending weekend for me so I'm still trying to figure out how to do the MIS race.

Not sure why the date change. Last year it was the first weekend in June.
I'll contact the organizer and find out why it moved and how attached they are to that date.

We've got local scheduling conflicts that required us to move the date this year. Next year(2011) we'll see what we can do, but in a small town, the spaces big enough to hold an event like this are in short supply and since we are a fairly new event, we had to take what we could get.

In any event, we'll have a good time!!
Hope to see some of you folks there.

Thanks, would love to do this contest so my family in Chillicothe could come. Have to wait and see if a local (30 minutes away) is still on. Any chance the contest will get a proclamation?

Was at this comp last year. Great event!! And the people were even better. Had a wheel bearing burn up on the smoker just as we got to Marietta. Cooked all night on a smoker on jacks!! :biggrin: A couple of the local guys helped us out and fixed the trailer. We plan on going to this event for as long as they hold it. Nice little town and worth a visit.

IMG_0540.jpg

Are you planning on getting the governors proclamation designating the contest as a state championship? Will there be KCBS sanctioning and Certified Judges? All of the above will help greatly of achieving your goal of 25-30 teams. Best of luck with the contest.

I may be there this year. I've got enough converts for a real team (instead of me doing the whole thing)

The event is KCBS sanctioned and will have certified judges.
The proclamation is something we are still working on. Word has it that the Governor doesn't do that, it needs to be done by the legislature. Struck out with one lawmaker last year, but we've learned a lot and have another year under our belts, so we're still shooting for the proc.

RV.. hope to see you back this year and hope your axle handles the trip a little better this time.

Rok, check with Jim Ferguson (Rolling Smoke). He can point you in the right direction on getting a proclamation for the contest. Without it, I'm afraid you won't get the teams required to be a qualifier (25 teams).

well be there as long as the date stays the same. 11th/12th.

smoke'm if you gotem

Rok, check with Jim Ferguson (Rolling Smoke). He can point you in the right direction on getting a proclamation for the contest. Without it, I'm afraid you won't get the teams required to be a qualifier (25 teams).

If you've got contact information for him, PM it to me. We'll take any help we can get with that.

I'm waiting to hear back from the organizer. Last year it was $4000, but I don't recall if they had decided on what this year's would be. I'll post it as soon as I hear back.

I just heard back from the organizer.
He couldn't give me an exact number, but what he did say was:
"If you needed to communicate something right away I would be comfortable saying we will substantially increase the prize money."

Last year the prize pool was $4000. I can say that with the sponsors we are looking at lining up, we are shooting for the $8-10,000 ballpark.
That number is totally up in the air right now, but it's what we're shooting for.

We are still working with the Royal and the Jack to see what we can do to become a qualifier.
Hopefully we can get that worked out...and get our prize money finallized as soon as possible.

It's a catch-22... It's easier to raise prize money if we know we have a larger number of competitors, and it's easier to get competitors with a larger prize pool.

I will post more information as it becomes available, and keep an eye on the website I posted at the begining of the thread.

Back