Bandera safety

B

bamasmoker

This a post in the interest of safety. I was stoking the fire box and thought we should mention the importance of a welders or fire glove. I had mine on BUT it isn't a welders glove, it's a oven mit. These are flamable. Be very afraid!!! I just burned my shark oven mit all to POOPIE. It's still smoldering on the patio!

John

Or tend the firebox barefoot -- don't ask :D

Suffice to say: Charcoal, lighting chimney, barefoot -- yee ha!!

I think we all get the barefoot thing. That is one hard to get to farbox. I'm fine. The hair on my palms will grow next full moon. :D

The hair on my palms will grow next full moon.

Be SO glad you're not at a Bash after saying this -- definate Bash Bite material :D

DFLittle said:
Or tend the firebox barefoot -- don't ask :D

Suffice to say: Charcoal, lighting chimney, barefoot -- yee ha!!
I'll trade your barefoot, for my sandals. You can step off the glowing embers.

I got one along those lines. Happened last week. Since my return from California, I got my head up my ass lately(hence my being a little scarce lately) with some stuff interfering with proper brain function. The wife says I should go cook something to distract me. So I take her advice and pick up 2 packs of babybacks from costco. I rub the BBs down and since they are still very cold, a stick them in a warm oven while i get the fire going. Well, i know how the wildfires started in Cali, somone with there head up here ass too decided to BBQ. I filled up my chimney with kingsford and placed it on my mini burner. A small turkey fryer type burner thats about 14 inchs off the ground. I light the burner and walk away to get the ribs from inside. Before I make it into the house, I smell "something" sweet and smokey. I turn around to see the entire area around the chimney engulfed in flames. We talking a 6x6 foot area with flames about 3 foot high and spreading. The bandera was in the middle of it, flames up to the bottom of the cook chamber, My stainless steel table is surrounded by flames, the wooden fence is right there.. etc.... Seems my head is SO far up my ass that i didnt pay any mind to the fact that the burner is buried under and around all these dried leaves that came down. The wind has blown them all into the pit area. I just scooted the leaves out of the immediate way of the flames and lit it. Didnt clear a spot, or even take them out from under it. Just moved them so i can get the match to the burner......... So after the initial "oh POOPIE!".. My head removes itself from my ass to tell me to grab my garden hose, turn it on and pull it to the spot... pull the trigger and ...... drip.. drip... drip..... FARK!!!!! I shut the friggin hoses down last week before i went away so it dont freeze up. Head up ass forgot that minor detail.. So head up ass grabs a bucket and runs to swimming pool, fills bucket from water on cover, runs to fire dumps bucket, back to pool, back to fire, dump bucket.. etc.... after the 3rd trip, head up ass realizes this aint working. Did head up ass mention the bucket is a sand toy I grabbed under the kids swing set???? Little green bucket with yellow handle and pink shovel???. What does head up ass decide to do???, remove a friggin lawn chair cushion from chair on deck, throw it into the pool cover and soak it up with water.... Then take soaked 200lb cushion to fire(dragging your balls behind you) and start beating out flames with 200lb soaking wet lawn cushion. Flinging water all over the place including all over head up ass. Once fire is out, head up ass revels in the fact that he did not knock over the chimney of charcoal, which BTW, is still lit over an open flame.

Then it realized in the middle of the flames on the lower shelf of the stainless steel table that was engulfed was the propane tank...... :shock:

well ladies.. I discovered another use for a lawn chair cushion. !!!!

Hmm we could have called you " Rocket Ass". :roll:

I don't know about you guys, but I am picturing phil doing all of this in his pimp robe and fuzzy slippers. running around with the little red bucket. classic.

Back