Traveling

pat

is One Chatty Farker
Reaction score
I have been asked to cook prime rib for an auction event for about 18 people. They have asked that I cook on site. I am going to do some ABT's as well for an app. Looking for one or two more "finger food" ideas that do not take away from the prime rib (she doesn't want moinks or anything similar).

The event is going to be held about 90 miles from my house. This is my sister in law's parents so I really don't want to turn them down (plus I can always use the extra cash).

So what would you charge for prime rib for 18-20 peeps plus a 90 mile (one way) drive to the event? How about the price for ABT's for 20?

Thanks for any help with this!

Are these going to be prime rib sandwiches? I ask because of the figure foods. Do you want to do some sides like potatos and beans?
Cheesy garlic smashed potatos would go good with Prime Rib. I'll PM you the recipe if you want it.

Not sammies. I am doing apps and the prime. She wants ideas for a full menu including sides but will prepare them herself. I am going to give her suggestions for the sides only. I will take the recipe if you will share it brother Ray :biggrin:

Not sammies. I am doing apps and the prime. She wants ideas for a full menu including sides but will prepare them herself. I am going to give her suggestions for the sides only. I will take the recipe if you will share it brother Ray :biggrin:

A cheesy, loaded with bacon, spoonful of twice baked mashed potatoes goes really well with Prime rib.

Jorge I was thinkin about a twice baked casserole as well. Thanks for the suggestion!

Nobody can tell me what they would price this at?

I've never cooked prime rib to cater so this is just a guess.

10 or 11 lb Prime Rib - $300
ABT - $20
Travel - 90 miles at .40/mile. = $36

So your looking at around $350.

Am I in the ball park? Anybody else have any estimates?

Thanks Ray. I appreciate the response. Never traveled for a cooking job before.

Back