Power drill potato chips

ripsup

MemberGot rid of the matchlight.
Reaction score
Not sure if this is the right place to ask the question but I figured someone who does fair tents and such might know something about this. I've been trying to search for it online but can't seem to come up with the right terms for this thing that is giving me more then a couple news stories on them.

So, does anyone have any info on the spiral cut potato chip makers that people have at the fairs that they have attached to a power drill. They seem to be made by just putting a power drill on some 2x4's but I was trying to find more info on the cutting end with how that works. If anyone know of a special name for these that I might not know or has an info I'd love to hear more on it cause my wife loved them and they seem pretty easy to make.

Thanks,
RipSUp

I've seen these things at a local street fair we have each Fall...pretty cool. I've followed their prices on eBay for a couple of years and they are not inexpensive. Search eBay (or somewhere else) for 'ribbon fry'...there are a couple of different listings.

Here's a link for a general search on eBay:
http://shop.ebay.com/?_from=R40&_trksid=m38&_nkw=ribbon+fry

Hope it helps.

Awesome thanks, I knew someone could give me the word I was looking for. :)

I tried every combination of "power drill spiral cut potato chips" and got nothing. :)

If you could figure a way to make and sell them for less, you could make a bundle! Those are the same prices they have had for serveral years now.

I used to have a hand powered version of one of those gadges if were on the same page.
My thoughts would be to cut off the part you use with your hand, chuck it up in a drill and you could make your chips for much less money.

bbqbull That's exactly what we did, took off the crank handle and chucked up Milwaukee Drills,, and mounted on HDPE material that fitted across one of our 3 compartment sinks,,worked perfectly

Back