Contest Announcment Marietta, OH Brick Street BBQ June 6th-7th

U2CANQUE

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
Yes, it has been posted on the KCBS web site, and at this time only has 2 teams registered...that is until this week, when the proclamation will be in their hands! I spoke with the contest organizers today, and they will be advertising the proclamation once they get it in their hands. I let them know that I will do what I can do to make sure that the contest will not fail...i.e., spread the word and try to get teams to respond.

I initially had trouble getting much information, but, once I got through to the "right" person, I was able to get some more information about the status. So, if you are near SE Ohio and looking for a first year contest to attend, that will be a State of Ohio Championship, please get in touch with me, and I will point you in the direction. They are trying, but, they were just not sure how to go about the advertising......

Hey Rob - it might be helpful to post any specific information you have, or the contact info for the person you spoke with.

I agree, post any contact information here for all to see. I sent emails to the contact listed on the KCBS website and none of the emails were replied to.

It always amazes me how reluctant some organizers are to people helping spread the word. Good news on the Governors proclomation. That was the information that I was seeking. Thanks and for now look at the bright side, you've got RGC at a minimum sown up.:grin:

Just another thought, it's not too difficult for the organizers to come on these BBQ forums and communicate with potential cooks about their contest. The setting should be very nice as Marietta is right on the Ohio River. It could be kind of like Madison East if they do it right.

Information about who I spoke with this morning follows......I think that their initial impression was that the other team registered was going to do some of the PR for them, and I have no idea who he even is......hoping now that there is a gov support behind it, and a state championship that there will be more of a flow to the event....heck, it will be the 4th contest of the year for me by then....so, hoping that I have the kinks ironed out by then.....
Now, on the other hand, with Trotwood not getting a state championship....may have to drop that one and head up to WI for the customized golf cart instead....I mean, bikers, bikes, and bbq, and that combo in conjunction with libations....should be a great time!
Becky Bowles
Administrative Assistant
Hippodrome/Colony Historical Theatre Association
222 1/2 Putnam Street
Marietta, OH 45750
740-373-0894 FAX: 740-373-0895

Thanks for the info Rob. When I see who the contact is, I can't help but have flashbacks of the Nelsonville contest when the Hotel was the contact and nobody there knew anything either. It wasn't until Dan, a BBQ'r in Nelsonville, took charge of things that the contest turned around.

Hoping the same happens for Marietta. It's a tough year to be starting a contest without aggressive promotion.

As we have been talking about it, today I got my packet in the mail. The layout seems to be pretty decent, good sized sites, volunteers on site to greet, the antiques road show will also be there....how can you turn down antiques? Hope that they get the information about the state championship status in their hands within a couple of days, then all things will be on hand...minus the other 13 teams.....
I will at least contact the Shigs to get them out...they just love coming to Ohio to take titles......

Back