Stagecoach Music Festival, May 2nd, 3rd and 4th, 2008. Indio Ca

R

Rub-A-Dub

Did anyone here do Stagecoach last year? I'm looking for some input on how much PC meat to plan for. The smoker we are taking can cook about 50 butts at a time. Is this a large number as I am new to mass meat caculations. They are planning on 30,000 to 40,000 a day at this event. Any help on this will be greatly appreciated.

I didn't do it last year but we are planning to fill up our smokers several times. Keep in mind though, People's choice is from 11 to 6 I think.

Is 50 butts a day streaching the man power? That is like 300 to 350 lbs of meat a day. We may be counting our chickens before they hatch here. How many of the 30,000 you think will want samples of BBQ? sorry to ask so many questions but just want to be prepared.

Rub 50 Butts is alot of work also
Do you have the crew to work that much?

Last years info wont help
we were in the back and only had 300 pounds of Ribs each
This year we are in front and the sky is the limit
PC sales end at 5PM I do believe Have to check
11 to 2 will be slow
the Temperature really dictates
how early the crowd comes in
Festival goers cant re enter on the same ticket
So they stay all day when it is nice

Thom is right,no way to judge from last year,but he is right about the work that it takes to do PC for 50 butts,better have about 10 people doing it at once,we were swamped last year,sometimes as many as 15-20 people at once at our booth all wanting food and they wanted it now ! 50 butts would be an ongoing all day vending type thing,even the vendors there last year didn't do that much in 1 day.It will be hot,people impatient ,and will be tough to do that much,without alot of people.Thats just my opinion,but heck what do I know I was only there last year :lol:

Thom where will we be this year in relation to last year ? Will we be where the vendors and sellers where last year ? Also will someone be coming around with ice,water,etc. or will we be getting it ourselves again this year ? I went to get ice last year and they were all out and very nasty to us about it,hope that is remedied this year !

We have a crew of 9 this year. I was thinking 2000 people come by thats 6000 oz. That 375 lbs divided by average 6 lbs a butt thats like 63 buts so thats like 32 butts a day. Is this more in the ball park of what to expect?

There is no way to know Rub
The Weather man has control over much of it
Here is a clue the crowd Grows as the day goes by
Late food will sell faster than early
So we can get our turn ins over before we are busy with PC
Chicken at 11 Ribs 1130 pork at 12 Brisket at 1230
If it is 95 out the crowd will be on us
if it is 110 it will be slow until dusk

Hey Rub,Thom is right,what if you buy all that meat and then the weather turns bad and you can't sell it ? I am cooking PC,but no ways near that amount.

So... This is a great example of why we ask everyone to put the location and dates for a competition in the subject line. There is a Stagecoach BBQ n Blues in Ohio and a Stagecoach Music Festival in California. I'm assuming that you guys are taking about the one in CA since that's where you are, but I don't know for sure, so I can't edit the title for you. Let me know if that;s right and what the exact dates and location are and I can add that to the title.

This thing is gonna be huge!!!

3 contests in one weekend!!!

Friday: Chili, Salsa, Wings and any one BBQ item (ribs, tri-tip, whatever you want) $2000 cash & prizes

Saturday: KCBS. $25,000, yes $25,000, in cash and prizes.

Sunday: KCBS. $3500 in cash and prizes.

People's choice all three days with $1 for each ticket collected.

Avg. 30,000 people per day thru the gate.

Lots of money to be made!! I am excited!!

If I were not counting the day untill i go to VEGAS I would be counting th day to this event. This thing is going to make us or break us LOL!!!. Hope to see ya Mista at the pot luck. :)

This thing is gonna be huge!!!

3 contests in one weekend!!!

Friday: Chili, Salsa, Wings and any one BBQ item (ribs, tri-tip, whatever you want) $2000 cash & prizes

Saturday: KCBS. $25,000, yes $25,000, in cash and prizes.

Sunday: KCBS. $3500 in cash and prizes.

People's choice all three days with $1 for each ticket collected.

Avg. 30,000 people per day thru the gate.

Lots of money to be made!! I am excited!!

We should add more contests
yes?

Looks like 40 teams
Huge for the West and $4.00 a galllon

Did I tell ya the Eagles are in concert Friday night?
I guess we will be drawing straws or rotating who watches the fire friday night....don't forget John Fogerty is playing that night too.
It's going to be a fun time.

Like Thom and Czar says, no way of telling. PC could be feeding anywhere from 500-30,000....or something like that.

Back