Meatloaf

M

Markbb

Well smoked a meatloaf for dinner yesterday and thought what the hell throw some cashews on the smoker as well WOW they turned out great!! gotta keep an eye out cause they'll burn fast, live and learn, and I guess any kind of nut will do, not overpowering smoke taste but it's there.....

I did a meatloaf last night too. In fact, that massive cloud of smoke to your west was my pit trying to melt. :p

Cashews? Cool idea! How long did you smoke 'em for?

Arlin Hell I thought that was smoke signals, smoke them at roughly 40min at 250ish. but you gotta keep an eye out for them they'll burn quickly.

Those were smoke signals! "FARK! FARK! FARK!" :)

Thanks - I'll try those. They sound great.

Idea

Soak some pecans in worch. sauce and then smoke them sprinkl alittle brown sugar.....I gonna give that a try!!!

I did a meatloaf last night too. In fact, that massive cloud of smoke to your west was my pit trying to melt. :p

I want to do a meatloaf, but HOW do you control the drip? Use a pan? This would qualify as "cheap eats!"

control

keale I put a wire grate in a pan to contain the fat and I get a smoke taste all around the meatloaf and no grease fire and easy clean up

I used a perforated pan (I think they're sold as veggie grill pans) and it worked great. I can't say I didn't have a grease fire but... :p

I want to do a meatloaf, but HOW do you control the drip? Use a pan? This would qualify as "cheap eats!"

I make a free-form loaf, put it on a piece of hd foil just larger than the loaf, with a few holes poked in the foil. Then I put a drip pan on the shelve below the meatloaf.

Back