Ham Dogger? Wiener Burger?

Oldyote

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
When the tube steak TD came up I was brainstorming with my 13 year old about what to do. I joked and said that maybe we should just make a hamburger shaped like a hotdog.

She loved the idea but I set it aside. Since then she has been bugginig me to actually make it. So what do you call such a thing? A ham dogger? A Wiener Burger?

Whatever you call it - it was fun to make and she loved it.

I made mine with pepper jack and some Jalepenos and then loaded it up with the usual fixings.

Fun in the summertime

thanks for looking

Looks good. I remember once when I was a kid my step dad made us something similar, only his weren't nearly as nicely shaped or presented as cleanly. Think of bumpy, brown beef logs... yeah they looked like turds in a bun! Me and ma called it burger surprise lol. They were good, but looked like chit haha! Yours look a lot better and I like the jalap idea.

Great execution, I had the same thoughts. I am going to stuff some in a natural casing and see what they taste like.
Thanks, for sharing now I know I am not the only sicko out here

brilliant

brilliant.jpg

Obviously you're not making a TD entry with this one... not a single pic utilizing the cute kid crutch... :tsk: :roll:

They look awesome though! I'd take a couple for sure! :thumb:

Is that strips of peperjack or some kind of sqeeze cheese??:confused:

Strips of pepper jack. Everyone else wanted American cheese. So I guess it was a Ham Dogger with chedder and pepperjack.

We always end up with extra wiener buns, so to change it up I'd make "Burger Dogs". They didn't look anywhere near as nice as what you have there, but they get augered in any time I make them.

Back