weber go-anywhere stuff

Hmm...1st thread i clicked made me wish I understood German. I did look at some other treads that had some AWESOME Pron. I mean AWESOME.

That's great. I've sent this over to some of my German and Swiss colleagues.
Thanks.

Germans sure love their portables from what I've seen.
Cobbs,mini Eggs and WGA's are quite populair to cook on.

^^^I've noticed there's a Dutch feller who's kinda into those things as well...

Interesting CI grate setup.
Having seen Phubar's foil use I am getting back into my GA. Horrified to discover that they have been discontinued here in the UK - all Weber grills here now have bolted on handles with added heat shields apparently because of some stupid EU safety regulation. I guess that applies to Phubar too.
I took the precaution of buying replacement grates before they are de-listed too.
My main concern with the GA is how to moderate the heat, having so little space between the char grate and the cooking grate, am half thinking of a raised grid mod!

as you can tell, phubar does a lot of indirect cooking and very little coals.

wow... after looking at that pron (which I presume is what GA means) I was beginning to think I was looking at a brethren forum with my settings all farked up!

wanna know something funny ? i posted the same thing on the weber list and there has been 0 response. gotta love this site !

I'll skip the rotisserie MBshop...allthough it's very cool!
This summer I was keeping an eye out for an CI great...maybe the Chargriller grate is an option.
Thanks!

@JamesMB:Yeah,we got the same Weber problem over here.
Some Pharker screwed it up big time for us.
They don't sell the WGA anymore over here.

looking at the setup, i'm not sure that the ci grate needs all that bracket stuff as it could be just layed on top of the regular grate.

I'll skip the rotisserie MBshop...allthough it's very cool!
This summer I was keeping an eye out for an CI great...maybe the Chargriller grate is an option.
Thanks!

@JamesMB:Yeah,we got the same Weber problem over here.
Some Pharker screwed it up big time for us.
They don't sell the WGA anymore over here.

I think you're right...just did some spionage on the German forum and saw this image...

240820d1315246142-ga-arg-entrecote-mit-bier-maennerabend-img_0296.jpg

:thumb:

wow... after looking at that pron (which I presume is what GA means) I was beginning to think I was looking at a brethren forum with my settings all farked up!

GA means Go Anywhere.

There was some good looking food on there. The GA is possibly the only Weber charcoal grill I have never owned. Hmmmm, I may need to pick one up.

CD

Back