Smoked Gumbo with Pron (Pron HEAVY)

Grafixgibbs

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
This week is a fund raiser event at our office for Arts and Science Council. Our theme this year is Mardis Gras and usually we do a popular chili cookoff but this year we are doing Cajun/Creole food so My entry will be gumbo which I made this weekend. I smoked the Chicken and sausage for it and used the chicken bits to make a broth.

Here are the pictures of the process.
Broth starting:
1000000640.jpg

Chickens ready to hit the smoker:
1000000643.jpg

Chicken and andouillie smokin'
1000000644.jpg

All cooked ready to be cut up:
1000000645.jpg

Carving the chicken (it was some of the best smoked chicken I have made:
1000000646.jpg

The roux
1000000649.jpg

Roux and vegies:
1000000650.jpg

1000000651.jpg

All together now and simmering
1000000652.jpg

The final product for service:
1000000659.jpg

Last edited:
That is a gumbo that even Justin Wilson woulda been proud of! I'd eat that for breakfast about now.

Not a bad looking gumbo. Smoking chicken and the andouille on the smoker is the only way to go. Adds a nice flavor. I also put the pot, in the smoker for a couple hours to get a little extra smoke flavor.

Peppers, celery and onions are sometimes called " The Holy Trinity"
Nice looking gumbo :thumb:

Not a bad looking gumbo. Smoking chicken and the andouille on the smoker is the only way to go. Adds a nice flavor. I also put the pot, in the smoker for a couple hours to get a little extra smoke flavor.

When I broke down the chicken i added the smoked bones and other bits to the stock to add to the flavor. It simered for about 3 hours now its resting in the fridge to marry all the flavors together so its kickin on Thursday when I serve it at work.

Damn, that looks absolutely delicious. You're inspiring me to make some chicken and sausage gumbo this week!

My gumbo tied for first today with a Crayfish Etoufffee. :-D

Back