• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

How old is this Weber Performer Model? (and is this a good deal?)

hominamad

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Found this on Craigslist last night. I think it's an older model, maybe circa 2005? Has the propane tank. They are also including the cover and some tools - $150 for everything. Is this a good deal? Is there anything worse about these older models compared to the newer ones? I know it doesn't have a digital timer -but I really don't care about that.

Condition of this seems to be pretty good, but I'd like to have a better idea of exactly what I'm buying. Not sure it's still covered under warranty, etc too.

Thanks!

weber1.jpg

weber2.jpg

It looks similar to the 2005 I bought off CL (lid style, metal frame plates, etc). The only way to truely tell is the date code on the lid.

The pictures on that performer make it look like it has been taken care of and in great shape. Scoop it up quickly imo!

Exactly like the one I got about 3 years ago. It was in very good shape, and he threw in some grilling tools, all for 75 dollars (He was asking 50 but I offered the extra 25 to seal the deal before anyone else got there and it was still a steal).

Are the lids actually attached to the kettle with a hinge on these models? Or does it just give a place to place the lid when you open it? I couldn't quite understand from the pics I found. Would be nice to have a hinged lid sometimes.

However, I read that if you place the lid flat on the ground while adding new coals, etc, that it will retain heat inside and come back up to temp more quickly. Any truth to this?

Are the lids actually attached to the kettle with a hinge on these models? Or does it just give a place to place the lid when you open it? I couldn't quite understand from the pics I found. Would be nice to have a hinged lid sometimes.

However, I read that if you place the lid flat on the ground while adding new coals, etc, that it will retain heat inside and come back up to temp more quickly. Any truth to this?

No hinge, just hooks on to the bottom. Second question I've personally never heard so...

I would say that is an average deal. I see them here on CL advertised for $150 quite often.

I agree 100%. Definitely not a steal, but a very fair deal. Have a feeling you might be able to shave $25 or so off the price, but if everything works and no cracks in the table, it is worth the money.

The Performer lids (at least the 2 I have?) don't have hooks under the lids. They rest in the metal "holder" to the side of the bowl.

You will buy a tripod for that so yeah, its a good deal. I see them around here for that price but they usually don't last long.

The Performer lids (at least the 2 I have?) don't have hooks under the lids. They rest in the metal "holder" to the side of the bowl.

That's it! Totally forgot about it because the Performer is the base for my Cajun Bandit. :doh: The lid gets placed on the concrete when I need access.

Back