Stubbs charcoal, anybody used recently?

Good stuff, all natural, not too much ash. It does burn a little hotter than KB. I use it almost exclusively in all of my verticals. Give it a try.

JT

I like them. I stock up on them only when Lowe's occasionally puts them on sale at 2 for the price of 1 deal.

I still have some from the 2011 sale that I have been using sparingly. I like it better than Kingsford - no weird chemical odors and it seems to produce less ash. I am thinking of switching to all lump though rercently because of the cleaner burn and low ash production.

Different manufacturers, same distributor. Stubbs is good stuff. I'd stay away from cowboy though.

I've used it a few times. I really liked it. Great heat, little ash and loooong burn times in my mini. A tiny bit slow to get started, but I think that's just because it's so dense. Side by side, the briquettes are two thirds the size and twice the weight of KBB.

+1 for the Stubbs. Used Kingsford for years until I tried Stubbs because I caught a bag on sale at Lowes. Been using it ever since. Way less ash and burns similar to Kingsford but just a tad hotter like others have said.

stubbs to me is to $$$$$ and i've only seen it on sale once when i got a few bags. got one left. its ok stuff.
so mostly i use ro briq and lump as i can get it locally without to much problems.

Been using the stuff for 3 yrs. now in my WSM's. Burns long with less ash. Consistency is its name! Only problem I have is some of the Lowe's don't carry it in winter!

I cooked a brisket on my 16 offset yesterday evening, it did have a different smell than Kingsford sort of a smoldering wood smell but only at the beginning, guess that is good, lol. The Stubbs did an excellent job and really stay hotter longer and lasted much longer than the Kingsford. A little more pricy but defintely worth it imo. I will be buying a lot more of it for sure.

Back