MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 12-22-2011, 01:00 PM   #16
tish
Quintessential Chatty Farker

Thanks, guys! You're cracking me up! lol

I was really disappointed because I wanted to let Michael play with the smoker. After I wrote, I went out and stuck the pizza in the oven instead. So now we're full, and I come back and see BBQ Bandit's solution to the problem. I should have realized there was a way around this. I'll know better for next time.

Unfortunately, next time I make pizza, the boy will already be gone. He leaves in the morning. Just to show you what a great kid he is, though, he told me not to worry about it because now he'll have something really fantastic to look forward to when he gets back from A-stan. That did make me feel a tiny bit better. Do I have an amazing kid, or what?!!!?!
Bubba Keg, Weber Genesis E-310 NG
Mini WSM, Shhh!!! Michael's surprise
Cornflower Blue Thermapen Might not be the fastest, but it sure is the prettiest!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Proud recipient of a certifiably uncertified limited edition MOINK ball certificate!!
tish is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from: --->

Old 12-22-2011, 01:42 PM   #17
Norm

Name/Nickname : Private

You sure do, let him know we're proud of him too.
Norm is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->
Old 12-22-2011, 01:46 PM   #18
eddieh70301
is one Smokin' Farker

I normally don't use a stone on my KEG. Just clean and oil the CI grate and put the dough right on the grate. Never had any problems. I pre-cook the dough for a couple minutes on each side, pull off, add toppings and back on the grate. Makes one of the best pizza's I've ever eaten.

Old 12-22-2011, 03:40 PM   #19
tish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norm View Post
You sure do, let him know we're proud of him too.
Thanks, Norm! Will do!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddieh70301 View Post
I normally don't use a stone on my KEG. Just clean and oil the CI grate and put the dough right on the grate. Never had any problems. I pre-cook the dough for a couple minutes on each side, pull off, add toppings and back on the grate. Makes one of the best pizza's I've ever eaten.
That's what I've been hearing, eddie! I've been given several options thus far. I will most likely be going with one of these, and not using the stone at all. Thanks for all the help, guys!
Cornflower Blue Thermapen Might not be the fastest, but it sure is the prettiest!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Proud recipient of a certifiably uncertified limited edition MOINK ball certificate!!

Old 12-22-2011, 03:43 PM   #20
forrest2906
On the road to being a farker

Experience has shown me that if you work with something long enough it will fit.
I bet a 4" angle grinder could fix that pizza stone in a hurry : )
forrest2906 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-22-2011, 04:11 PM   #21
buccaneer
somebody shut me the fark up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbon View Post
My wife prefers Domino's pizza than mine.
Nooooooo.
Domino's don't make pizza. They make sweet and savoury pastries, pattisseries, flat round danishes.
No pizza.

Old 12-22-2011, 04:43 PM   #22
tish

Quote:
Originally Posted by forrest2906 View Post
Experience has shown me that if you work with something long enough it will fit.
I know, right?!!!? That's exactly what Harvard said. "Baby, I could grind the points right off that thing. It'd fit perfect in no time." This is why I love my guys. They all think in terms of the power of their tools! Gotta love it! lol
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Old 12-22-2011, 04:44 PM   #23
tish

Quote:
Originally Posted by buccaneer View Post
Nooooooo.
Domino's don't make pizza. They make sweet and savoury pastries, pattisseries, flat round danishes.
No pizza.
You guys are starting to give me the idea that Domino's is a four letter word around here!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Old 12-22-2011, 04:55 PM   #24
---k---
is Blowin Smoke!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tish View Post
I'll send the stone back and get the round one. Dang!!

I don't understand. I thought the Brethren solution to a problem such as this was to: "Get a bigger smoker!"

Proudly Smoking on a UDS, PBC &
Accidental Winner of the 2012 "Saucy" Throwdown.
---k--- is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-22-2011, 05:00 PM   #25
BBQ Bandit
Babbling Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ---k--- View Post

I don't understand. I thought the Brethren solution to a problem such as this was to: "Get a bigger smoker!"

Have absolutely noooo idea what you are talking about.

Former smokers;
Lang 84 Deluxe kitchen, Lang 60 Mobile - The Damsel II, Lang 48 Patio - The Damsel, Bubba Keg Grill - RIP, Double Barrel Smoker and a BSKD
BBQ Bandit is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-22-2011, 05:28 PM   #26
tish

Quote:
Originally Posted by ---k--- View Post

Uh oh! lol

[QUOTE=BBQ Bandit;1888817]Have absolutely noooo idea what you are talking about.

I know this is how all you guys end up having 27 different smokers in your yard! I have a tiny little patio with a table for 6, a bunch of chairs, that big weber gasser, the Keg, and a gigantic X-pen for the 3 papillons on it. There's no room for any more! (I realize these are probably 'famous last words', but I have to at least make the attempt to look like I'm resisting!)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Old 12-22-2011, 05:40 PM   #27
buccaneer
somebody shut me the fark up.

trish, the Egyptians built the pyramids using heat to break massive stones into uniform blocks.
If you get a tub of cold water ready, and get some lighter fluid and some twine that absorbs liquid (so not nylon etc) and soak the string, tie it over the corner at the angle you want it to be, light the string and wait till it burns low, dip the stone into the cold water and tap the corner section, it should break perfectly along the string line.
Do this on each corner and it will fit.

Although looking at your avatar choice, maybe you are not the right person for this job.

Old 12-22-2011, 07:24 PM   #28
tish

Quote:
Originally Posted by buccaneer View Post
trish, the Egyptians built the pyramids using heat to break massive stones into uniform blocks.
If you get a tub of cold water ready, and get some lighter fluid and some twine that absorbs liquid (so not nylon etc) and soak the string, tie it over the corner at the angle you want it to be, light the string and wait till it burns low, dip the stone into the cold water and tap the corner section, it should break perfectly along the string line.
Do this on each corner and it will fit.

Although looking at your avatar choice, maybe you are not the right person for this job.
I just read this to Michael, and he said the Army taught him to do this with glass bottles to make "shaped charges", whatever those are. Something tells me I don't want to know. lol

And you're right... this would not be the job for me. But that's another post!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Old 12-22-2011, 08:50 PM   #29
Capozzoli
is one Smokin' Farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by forrest2906 View Post
Thats the way to go.

Tish, it would even be easier if you get an 1/8" thick masonry cutting wheel. Hot knife through butter.

[url]http://theholyravioli.blogspot.com/[/url]
[/COLOR][/COLOR][/B][/COLOR]
Capozzoli is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 12-22-2011, 10:39 PM   #30
tish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capozzoli View Post
Thats the way to go.

Tish, it would even be easier if you get an 1/8" thick masonry cutting wheel. Hot knife through butter.
Actually, Harvard was looking at masonry cutting wheels tonight because he wants to tile over one of our brick fireplaces down in his man cave. Don't encourage him.

I'm wondering if we couldn't just put the pizzas on the smoker the same way we put them in the oven. We put them on parchment paper and laid them right on the oven grates.

They were very easy to manuever that way, and the paper didn't burn.

Made some great little pizzas that way! Mine was bacon and pineapple on mozzerella, monterey jack, and pepperjack cheese.

This one was Harvard's. lol He had a little trouble trying to make his pizza round. Great toppings, though!

Michael ate his classic pepperoni...

and then went out to celebrate!

Tonight is his 2-year anniversary. He's halfway through his enlistment. Just gotta hold tight for 2 more years and we're home free!!

When he comes home next Christmas, we'll make pizza again on the smoker. Just thought you all might enjoy seeing how much fun we had today, even though we were making them in the oven.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~