• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Finally Got a Cot for Competitions

Jason TQ

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
For our 4th competition this year (which is this coming Saturday) I finally went and got a cot. Previously I have been sleeping on my zero gravity clone chair. It does the job, but I have been wanting something that will get me better sleep. Not necessarily more sleep, just when I do fall asleep that it is more comfortable.

The first few comps we were so geeked up and excited the sleep wasn't a big concern, but (and this is probably common I guess) now I want to try and get more shut eye to be somewhat more rested on Saturday so I can drink more beer......oh and also be more rested for the cooking and turn ins :p.

Got this cot at bass pro. It is their XL cot and is 84" x 36". I'm not really a big guy at 5'11" 175, but I wanted the bigger one so I can turn over. I was surprised how big the thing was. Seems like each comp we add something new. I guess by this time next year I'll have an RV right??

I read some cots you need to stretch out and you can do it with sand bags or something heavy. So I put it up and grabbed the heaviest thing I could find, which is the dog. Might be a little excessive I know. Actually it was comfortable out of the bag so I don't think it really needs any stretching.
2011-08-21_10-47-30_348.jpg

Let me send you this to stretch out your cot.. she is an expert sleeper.

Attachments

• IMG_0492.jpg
    IMG_0492.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 147
Definitely better than a zero gravity chair, although if the weather is decent, you can snooze a little in them.

When you're in the Sam's Club parking lot in August, nothing helps but an RV/trailer with LOTS of A/C.

Good luck at Winder. We're going to sit that one out.

Definitely better than a zero gravity chair, although if the weather is decent, you can snooze a little in them.

When you're in the Sam's Club parking lot in August, nothing helps but an RV/trailer with LOTS of A/C.

Good luck at Winder. We're going to sit that one out.

Thanks!

Yeah A/C would be so sweet. We are going to bring fans this time. Not sure why we didn't think of that before :crazy:. At Euharlee back in June it was so damn hot and I thought I was going to pass out. It at least has cooled off at night now. Can't stand it when it is so hot you have to switch from beer to gatorade so you can make it though the 2 days :p.

Let me send you this to stretch out your cot.. she is an expert sleeper.

Que got on Dan's Cabelas XL cot, and couldnt jump off, I had to lift him out.

Here is how he usually slept in the trailer.......

Attachments

• trailer que.jpg
    trailer que.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 115
Funny stuff, guys! I bought a cot from Dick's sporting goods that I really like. I believe it's a "Field and Stream" brand, but the frame is very heavy duty aluminum. It's supposed to support 300#s. It was about 75 bucks.

I went the same route, started with zero gravity and graduated to a cot. Love the cot, I get a lot better night's sleep.

I'm glad you mentioned this. We, too, have been using our Zero Grav chairs. Without a trailer or much truck room, space is at a premium. How much does it fold down to?

I'm glad you mentioned this. We, too, have been using our Zero Grav chairs. Without a trailer or much truck room, space is at a premium. How much does it fold down to?

It folds down quite nicely which is good since we are always adding more to bring.. Here it is in the bag. I keep using the dog for a size comparison. Don't be fooled by how small she makes things look..... The legs are seem really sturdy. It is fairly heavy. Maybe 25lbs, but that hopefully means it will last. I paid $79 for it.
2011-08-21_17-30-08_72.jpg

Back