• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Creamy coleslaw

AJP

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Ingredients

• 1 head green cabbage, finely shredded
  • 1 large carrot, finely shredded
  • 3/4 cup mayonnaise (real)
  • 2 tablespoons sour cream
  • 2 tablespoons grated Spanish onion
  • 2 tablespoons sugar, or to taste
  • 2 tablespoons white vinegar
  • 1 tablespoon dry mustard
  • Salt and freshly ground pepper
Directions

Combine the shredded cabbage and carrot in a large bowl. Whisk together the mayonnaise, sour cream, onion, sugar, vinegar, mustard, salt, and pepper in a medium bowl, and then add to the cabbage mixture. Mix well to combine and taste for seasoning; add more salt, pepper, or sugar if desired.

I forgot the salt and pepper in the video but I did add it later.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wcHxhrCQXV0

I have to admit, I don't think I've tried sour cream in coleslaw before, but it's worth a shot!:cool:

i was just sayin to the wife that i needed a creamy coleslaw recipe. this one might be it. thanks for sharing

Tyler's Cole Slaw

Ingredients:

Buy a package of pre-chopped Cole Slaw mix (or chop your own)

1 cup mayonnaise
2 tablespoons dijon mustard
2 tablespoons evoo
1/2 lemon (squeeze to add juice then discard lemon)
2 tablespoons sugar
2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
pinch of black pepper
pinch of salt

Directions:
In a large bowl. wisk together the mayonnaise, dijon, lemon juice, evoo, rwv, sugar, salt, and pepper, then add the cabbage mix to desired level of cabbage to dressing. Mix well, chill.

Isn't that Bobby Flay's recipe? I've been using that one for years and cut back on the mustard powder just a bit.

Isn't that Bobby Flay's recipe? I've been using that one for years and cut back on the mustard powder just a bit.

LOL I was going say the same thing earlier but I was trying to be nice.:-D
I've been using a version of Bobby's recipe found on the food network site for a while also, but like you I have cut back on the mustard powder. I also use Vidalia onion instead of Spanish onion because Spanish onions are VERY pungent and kind of take over.
Bobby's recipe also calls for 2 tsp of celery salt, but I've found that 1 tsp is more than enough. Here is Bobby's recipe as found on foot network. As stated, the changes I make are 1 1/2 tsp dry mustard, 1 tsp celery salt and I use a sweet onion like Vidalia. If it's still not sweet enough to my liking I'll whisk in a little honey:

1 head green cabbage, finely shredded
2 large carrots, finely shredded
3/4 cup best-quality mayonnaise
2 tablespoons sour cream
2 tablespoons grated Spanish onion
2 tablespoons sugar, or to taste
2 tablespoons white vinegar
1 tablespoon dry mustard
2 teaspoons celery salt
Salt and freshly ground pepper

I think I need to try this out on the guys at the Firehouse. If they like it then I know it's a winner.

Be Safe

THE DAWG

I also use Boby Flay's, but i also cheat. I use a bag of Cole Slaw, and like "Saiko" I also cut back on the Dry Mustard and celery salt, use a vidaila onion, and cut up some Mandaran Orange segments. and a tbs or 2 of the juice from the oranges, I just make it for the family, they love the stuff.

Back