Smoked pork tenderloin?

garyk1398

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
Thinking about smoking a tenderloin today. Anyone want to share their tips or advice? What temp should I take it off the smoker?

I normally grill my tenderloins as they are so ...well..tender to begin with. If you wanna smoke, I'd say sear in hot pan on stove then throw in smoker but don't overcook! I usually take mine off at 140 internal.

Tenderloins are small and will dry out fast.

Not the best for low n slow.

this is zach talking: hey dad just take it of when you are hungry who cares if it is a bit undercooked what is the worst that could happen

Smoke them till they're aabout 130 and finish on a grill. If you inject something to add moisture they'll be fine. I just did this a week ago and it worked well. Got some nice smoke into the meat without drying it out

I too cook it higher...maybe at 300-325* indirect to 145* internal (which is high for some folks). I do usually add apple wood as well.

Try brining for an hour before cooking. Mix a solution of equals parts cider vinegar and water. Then add kosher salt, brown sugar, garlic, pepper, and any other heb you like, such as rosemary. I learned this from Alton Brown, so search "Good Eats" for the exact proportions and ingredients.

A pork tenderloin will suck up a brine quickly, so be careful. Do it right, and it's some good chit!

I smoked a pork tenderloin a few weeks ago and it was nice and juicy in the center. It was a couple smaller tenderloins that I marinated in Worcestershire and yellow mustard for a couple of hours. I smoked it at about 225 for 2 hours or so. It was great.

Searing it first sounds like a pretty good idea.

I have done smoked pork tenderloin for a company breakfast the last two years. I take 3 loins and tie them together tight with butcher string. make like one fat tenderloin. olive oil, Salt and pepper. I then sear it over some hot coals then place on the grill indirect until internal temp hits 140-145. Used apple wood for smoke and bourbon maple glaze. Wrap in foil until ready to serve.

I don't cook two many tenderloins, mainly because they do dry out. I did wrap one in bacon once and that seem to help it say moist. Still not a fan of the cut though.

I never had trouble with a dry one do it like a pork butt rub it down wit oil wrap in bacon I take mind to 160 do it in foil or alum pan

Back