Alberta Barbeque 24x50(ish) build thread.

Phaddie

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Hello All.

After much research and posting on the forums here I decided to order a cooker from a builder here in Canada.

Its going to be a 24x50(ish) cook chamber 3/8 thick, and I just found out that due to supply issues my firebox has been upgraded to 1/2 inch!

I will post pics as I get them in this thread. If anyone has questions about the builder please let me know, he is eager to get his name out there. I found him to be the best option here in Canada if you did not want to spend huge bucks (around $4000 all total to have a shirley 24x36 shipped here) on an American cooker.

Here is a shot of the pipe as its being picked up from the supplier.

5tFEB2a.jpeg

Phad

Last edited:
awesome looking offsets. Cant wait to see it finished.

I'm in Utah and these guys are actually closer to me than ordering an offset from Texas which is what I was considering!

8.5" of snow in Cowtown as of this morning.
It is supposed to warm up next week and the carwash owners will be celebrating!
Looking forward to seeing your pit come together.

Quick question on the bare finish Phad. Does Alberta BBQ put any coating on it? I know on the workhorse pits they bake boiled Linseed on the pit. They have a video of how you can do this yourself on YouTube either on the workhorse vids or on the Quetorials vids that JD ( Workhorse owner) puts on. Just curious what Alberta does? Thanks.

Quick question on the bare finish Phad. Does Alberta BBQ put any coating on it? I know on the workhorse pits they bake boiled Linseed on the pit. They have a video of how you can do this yourself on YouTube either on the workhorse vids or on the Quetorials vids that JD ( Workhorse owner) puts on. Just curious what Alberta does? Thanks.

He uses just vegetable oil or beef tallow if he has any. I am going to use the linseed oil once it gets here. He does an initial burn to test the welds and season it with oil inside and out.

That's gonna be a great cooker! Only we get excited about 2 pipes in a truck bed. [emoji1787]

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

What type of smoke stack ? - I like the collector box style at grate level.

Back