• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

POS Solutions

medic92

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
What's everyone using for accepting debit/credit cards these days? We just switched from Square to SpotOn, but I'm wondering what other affordable solutions are out there.

What's everyone using for accepting debit/credit cards these days? We just switched from Square to SpotOn, but I'm wondering what other affordable solutions are out there.

What savings have you seen over Square with the switch to SpotOn?

We have been looking at a more affordable POS than Square and have yet to find one.

What savings have you seen over Square with the switch to SpotOn?

We have been looking at a more affordable POS than Square and have yet to find one.

The simple card/chip reader with SpotOn (they use SwipeSimple for their card reader) uses a slightly different system. We pay $35 a month for the service and 1.59% for each transaction. Each transaction reduces the $35 a month by the 1.59%. If you do more than $2200 a month in credit/debit transactions it pays for itself and saves a bundle over Square. $2200 a month with Square comes to $60.50 in transaction fees where with SpotOn it only comes to $34.98. That adds up fast.

The simple card/chip reader with SpotOn (they use SwipeSimple for their card reader) uses a slightly different system. We pay $35 a month for the service and 1.59% for each transaction. Each transaction reduces the $35 a month by the 1.59%. If you do more than $2200 a month in credit/debit transactions it pays for itself and saves a bundle over Square. $2200 a month with Square comes to $60.50 in transaction fees where with SpotOn it only comes to $34.98. That adds up fast.

I was wondering at what point the monthly fees went away.
The upfront equipment costs and monthly fees have scared us away from most of the POS available out there.

Companies charge anywhere from $500-2,500 for the equipment for their POS.
At $26 monthly savings on transaction fees, it would take a while to pay for upfront costs.
SpotOn doesn’t charge upfront fees for their POS equipment?
I may need to look into it.

I was wondering at what point the monthly fees went away.
The upfront equipment costs and monthly fees have scared us away from most of the POS available out there.

Companies charge anywhere from $500-2,500 for the equipment for their POS.
At $26 monthly savings on transaction fees, it would take a while to pay for upfront costs.
SpotOn doesn’t charge upfront fees for their POS equipment?
I may need to look into it.

It depends on the equipment. We're just using the card/chip reader and we already have a tablet, but there are definitely costs associated with their more advanced systems.

I looked at Quicken's POS system but it had so many bells and whistles that I didn't need and the up front costs were way too high for our fledgling operation. I just wanted to find something simple.

I'm using Square still. If I swipe it for a catering payment I charge a convenience 4% fee to the client. Most will send a check instead which I prefer. If I'm vending I eat the cc fees but don't vend much these days.

The guy I deal with is Justin Brownlee. If you want more information you can reach him at 217 430 2782.

Back