American Royal Pit Parade

Plowboy

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
I assume that those of you signed up for the American Royal got this email. I don't think I'll pull the FEC-100 with a rope behind my truck.

The 82nd Annual American Royal Parade on Saturday, September 29 will have a special section called the “Pit Parade” for any BBQ teams interested in rolling through the parade in celebration and anticipation of the American Royal Barbecue the following weekend. Last year’s teams were a great advertisement for this world class event so we hope even more of you will choose to participate this year. So far the girls from “Squeal of Approval” in their hot pink t-shirts accompanying their hot pink smoker are entered, but we hope more of you will join in the fun! We need your help to reach our goal of at least 5 “Pit Parade” entries, so please forward this e-mail to any teams you think may be interested. The parade is a televised event scheduled from 10:00 a.m.-12 noon. This year’s theme is “Show ‘Em Your Royal” so enter today and represent the pride and spirit of the Kansas City barbecue community. Best of all, your entry is FREE! For your convenience the entry form and rules are attached so sign-up is easy. Teams should enter as a “Specialty” unit on or before the July 27 deadline.

Hmmm.... pull the Spicewine in a parade or compete at Harrisonville that weekend? I know which would be cleaner, less tiring and cheaper! :lol: Seriously though... Spicewines would be awesome in that parade!

Hmmm.... pull the Spicewine in a parade or compete at Harrisonville that weekend? I know which would be cleaner, less tiring and cheaper! :lol: Seriously though... Spicewines would be awesome in that parade!

You gonna level out that window sticker, first?:razz: :cool:

Can I put my Backwoods Party on my dolly and push it though the parade? :biggrin:

How about we get a Brethren float together. Get as many of us to pile in someone's pickup bed and tow the smallest smoker on wheels we can find ... OK, or a monster? Of course, we might have to mix in a drink or two.

Can I put my Backwoods Party on my dolly and push it though the parade? :biggrin:

How about we get a Brethren float together. Get as many of us to pile in someone's pickup bed and tow the smallest smoker on wheels we can find ... OK, or a monster? Of course, we might have to mix in a drink or two.

Or put a bunch of small pits on a flat bed: Trash Cans, Backwoods, Bandera, FEC, Bullet, etc, etc. A few of us have Brethren banners, too. That's a cool idea.

We could tow Dustin's Yugodera.

Todd, I like your idea. Those non-smokers don't generally have any idea of the range of different types/sizes of smokers that exist. And that most of them have most all the parts to making a smoker in their garage already.

How about a Smokey Joe Mod with 3 wheels for easy pulling :lol:

An entire collection of UDSs on a flat bed, pulled by a tractor like the one in Todd's logo would be an attention getter.

Back