MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription Amazon Affiliate
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 02-10-2012, 01:37 PM   #1
nexpress
Full Fledged Farker

Default Cajun Bandit Rotisserie

Can anyone tell me if the motor on the rotisserie is powerful enough to spin a small turkey 12-14 lbs.? I am a little worried since it is battery powered it won't work. I did shoot them an email but I haven't heard anything back yet.

Old 02-10-2012, 01:44 PM   #2
deguerre
somebody shut me the fark up.

It's a high torque low rpm motor and shouldn't have a problem rotating that amount of mass while the batteries have a good charge. I have one, but I haven't used it on anything that large, yet I think it would handle the job just fine.
[/B][/FONT]"...In nature, there are predators. I believe the common denominator of the universe is not harmony, but chaos, hostility and murder..." Werner Herzog
deguerre is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-10-2012, 03:30 PM   #3
mbshop
Babbling Farker

most should handle up to 25 lbs. but thats a big turkey to do on a rotiss. i normally do no bigger than 15 lbs or so.

Old 02-10-2012, 03:40 PM   #4
caseydog

I have one, and although I have not done a turkey, yet I am sure it would work fine.

It comes with a counter-balance weight that you can adjust to offset an off-balance bird.

I love mine!

CD
caseydog is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-10-2012, 06:50 PM   #5
nexpress
Full Fledged Farker

Thanks for the info guy's. Chris from Cajun Bandit got back with me and said I should have no issue with doing a turkey. Gonna order it this weekend.

Old 02-10-2012, 07:08 PM   #6
ToddM
Full Fledged Farker

I love the looks of their products and they seem like a good small company, I just wish they'd lower their shipping costs a bit. I was going to order the rotisserie but the shipping was going to be an additional $60. Yikes. I guess I'm just a cheap sum gun.

Old 02-11-2012, 01:47 AM   #7
swamprb

Yes!
KCBS CBJ/PNWBA CBJ www.pnwba.com
swamprb is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-11-2012, 07:48 AM   #8
El Pistolero
On the road to being a farker

Quote:
Originally Posted by nexpress View Post
Can anyone tell me if the motor on the rotisserie is powerful enough to spin a small turkey 12-14 lbs.? I am a little worried since it is battery powered it won't work. I did shoot them an email but I haven't heard anything back yet.
I haven't done a turkey, but I've done two chickens at a time that were 5+ lbs each with no problem.

TGCBA; IBCA; KCBS CBJ
'Original' Oklahoma Joe, 22" WSM, 'Matches my mood' [B]Black[/B] Thermapen

[URL="http://elpistolero.qwiksilver.com"]My Brews & Ques[/URL][/SIZE]
El Pistolero is offline   Reply With Quote