It took a lot of self control to not dig in immediately after Redhot made the plate. We did have to take pics though.:rolleyes:

Now LISTEN...

This is a farkin serious TD this one is... WOW! I'd like to say that e-code has snaffled my idea of having searched on the internet for a pub menu, and then making something from that menu... but I can't say that... no. I can't.

What is true though.. that both she and me have some Irish blood, and so even though I'm 50% Dutch... the OTHER 50% is a bastard mix that comprises some Irish DNA which, like Guiness, pours pretty thick.

So, I will be doing the same thing, as soon as I get a few punds together, but from a historic Aussie Pub Perspective with good traditions.

BTW e-code... that pie was nothing short of spectacular:pray::pray::pray:

Can't beat a good ribeye, and Redhot, THAT is a great ribeye.

Please mommy, make these mean people go away.(NOT an entry:-D)
Hungryman_chopped_beef_steak_01.jpg

I know me ship is pretty well sunk on this one but, I figure I'll throw a couple of things in and see what happens. We be not having any pubs round this area but, we have almost a bar on every corner. Or at least it feels that way. That being the case, I thought about the normal bar fare that one can acquire. For the most part it is straight up deep fried appetizers and burgers. In the spirit of this, I decided to do just exactly those things... kinda.

First were the appetizers. I am a huge fan of deep fried mushrooms, so I made some! Although I did wrap them in bacon and smoke them first :becky:
I'm calling them Boomer Bacon Bombs. Here is the Build Thread.
011.jpg

028.jpg

These little guys rock the bar hard with a bit of ranch dressing or some Butzed-up Sour Cream.

Then it was time for the burgers! Everyone knows that bar burgers have their great flavor because most of them are cooked up on a flat-top. Now, it wouldn't be in the true spirit of the brethren too cook some up on the stove in the house. So, I turned by grill into a smoking flat-top to cook some ground sirloin burgers up! For the Build Thread.
014.jpg

I served them up with the usual burger trimmings and some fresh-made French fries!
020.jpg

These burgers were a spectacular blend of all the burger worlds, flat-top crispy juiciness, with great smoky and live fire flavors!

Here they are side by side.
023.jpg

022.jpg

I leave it up to Chris to pick from any of the pics shown for my TD entry. This was great fun to do.
Thanks for looking! :thumb:

P.S. I remembered to use the Good Camera this time. Even found the "Restaurant menu" picture setting. :laugh:

With those Boomer Bacon Bombs, I think you got another one to add to your signature. :clap2:

Those look great Tom! I'd love to try those bacshrooms with some ranch dressing.

Pray tell Mr. Grail, those arn't frozen peas by any chance!?? :roll: :becky:

Of course they are. I'm not touching a canned one and you can't get fresh peas here.

Sir Larry of Rocklin

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back