$300 for a 26" Kettle(?)

I don't wan't a 22" smoker though, that was just an example of the amount of other hardware (both new and used) I could get for the price of the 26.
I'm upset that the 26" isn't as good of an option for me as I'd hoped. Even without the slow n sear and using firebricks like a neaderthal, I don't gain anything over my current gear that is worth $300 (to me)

The 26 is the pride of Weber's collection, imo. It can do it all. It's been $299 as long as I can remember but it's worth every penny. I cant do a 20lb turkey on a 22. No prob with the 26. The only drawback is it doesn't have as many accessory gadgets as a 22in. If that's your thing than the 26 isnt for you. Also, the cooking grate is heavy stainless steel. I believe the 22 is still plated steel but I may be wrong. Anyhow, buy it. You wont be disappointed.

Last edited:
Simple supply and demand. 22 weber kettles last forever and there is a large secondary market. Plus all the knockoffs. This drives down the price of used 22 kettles. 26 is not sold in big box stores (at least not on the shelves) and has no knockoff competition. This drives the secondary price up.

Rarely is something I really want a value price

I don't wan't a 22" smoker though, that was just an example of the amount of other hardware (both new and used) I could get for the price of the 26.
I'm upset that the 26" isn't as good of an option for me as I'd hoped. Even without the slow n sear and using firebricks like a neaderthal, I don't gain anything over my current gear that is worth $300 (to me)
They didn't know about them, yet. They were stuck on grilling.

picture.php

I don't have facebook, what does he charge for shipping?

He doesn't ship, sorry, didn't know that. He said he does it face to face so he doesn't have to bother with returns.

I am not going to start the fire brick vs slow n sear argument again.
No need to argue about the difference in the two as the cooking results will be similar. I bought a 26" $135 that had only been used for smoking with the fire brick set up. There was quite a bit of crazing on the outside bowl where the charcoal had been banked against the inside. I don't think that would happen with the Slow-N-Sear. Other than that, the rest of the kettle appeared to be in nearly new condition.

About 1 1/2 years ago, I bought a slightly wind damaged 26" off of Kansas City CL for $125. I was the first to contact him and offered the asking price. He honored the deal and I felt lucky to get it.

Keep looking. They are out there.

Last edited:
And I just got another 22 in my hunt for a 26.....Hard to pass up a premium w/ chimney and a kingsford charcoal bin full of lump for $20. Its worth it for parts for the UDS....hell its worth it for the charcoal

No need to argue about the difference in the two as the cooking results will be similar. I bought a 26" $135 that had only been used for smoking with the fire brick set up. There was quite a bit of crazing on the outside bowl where the charcoal had been banked against the inside. I don't think that would happen with the Slow-N-Sear. Other than that, the rest of the kettle appeared to be in nearly new condition.

About 1 1/2 years ago, I bought a slightly wind damaged 26" off of Kansas City CL for $125. I was the first to contact him and offered the asking price. He honored the deal and I felt lucky to get it.

Keep looking. They are out there.

I saw the wind damaged one. Wish I would have jumped on it now!

I bought a 2nd hand (never used) 26'er a couple of years ago when I was driving through Ohio. They're out there, just not frequently. Good Luck.

I remember that Nebraska Furniture Mart had them on sale for something like $150 a few years back, and I waited too long to pull the trigger then they were gone.

Man this is where I am. I've bought exactly one weber brand new my entire life. I am on craigslist no less than 4 times a day looking for grill/smoker deals and I have only ever seen one 26" kettle come across and it had been blown over and dented in a storm. I probably should have jumped on it anyway.

I really want a 26" with a slow n sear, and was prepared to fork over not quite $400 for the two. But for $500 I can get a new brand new 22" kettle with a slow n sear and still have enough money left over for a (used) 22" smoker.

I know a few hundred here and there may not be a lot to some of you guys and your hobbies, but this one will have to escape me for a few more years.

Alright, take it from an old salesman. You've already "spent" the first $200 in your mind. So now it's really only costing you $100 to get it. You're worth a hundred bucks aren't you? You deserve to get what you want, don't you?

Ive been in the market for a used 26 for years as I cant let my cheapness go.

I found one for 200 and hesitated so didn't get it

I cant tell you how angry I am at this

This probably the 2nd or 3rd time I've bitched about it. I'll be on my death bad "I SHOULD'VE BOUGHT THAT WEBER 26 on CRAIGSLIST"

Alright, take it from an old salesman. You've already "spent" the first $200 in your mind. So now it's really only costing you $100 to get it. You're worth a hundred bucks aren't you? You deserve to get what you want, don't you?

My god, I could already picture the cheap suit, comb over, and bad cologne. Haha.

I remember that Nebraska Furniture Mart had them on sale for something like $150 a few years back, and I waited too long to pull the trigger then they were gone.

I bought mine at NFM during that clearance event and used the money I "saved" towards a Vortex and Slow 'n Sear!

The OP might want to look to hardware stores or other retailers that bring in a lot of grills in Spring and clear them out in the Fall. If you can't find a deal, after owning my 26" for a couple of years I would say that it's still worth the $299 regular price.

Back