Rod Gray for the BOD

Ford

is One Chatty Farker
Reaction score
I received this from Rod and think this may be better than flooding mailboxes. I heartily endorse Rod as somebody who cares and is trying now to make changes and keep things under control while being a BOD member. I also plan to vote for Phil. Still thinking about the other 2 votes although I do have some front runners.

If you are a competition cook then please vote.

Ford

Ladies and Gentlemen,

This is going to be brief because I value your time. It's Kansas City Barbeque Society election time and I need your vote. I also need the vote of friends I have never met, your friends that are KCBS members. Please forward this to them as your endorsement of my re-election.

During my current term, many great things have happened with the KCBS. Improvements in communication to the members, especially the detail of the meeting minutes, moving the Rules Committee meeting to make it more accessible to folks from all over the country, and improvements in both contest and judging procedures. I have only missed one regular board meeting and attended by telephone only twice. In addition, I have taken on several special projects, severed as committee chairs, and am currently the Vice President of the organization. If re-elected I will work as hard these next three years as I have these past three. I am also a cook and a Certified Barbeque Judge. In 2007 alone, I visited 22 states, cooked 30 contests, logging over 17,000 miles in the process. I have met many great people traveling the country cooking and teaching barbeque. I am proud to call them all my friends.

I welcome your questions and comments. If there is one thing I love, it's talking about barbeque and our competition future. Also, thank you for your support these past three years. The election opens Wednesday, January 2nd and runs for about two weeks. If you want me to represent you on the Kansas City Barbeque Society board of directors, please vote for me.

Rod

P.S. - If everyone who receives this message votes for me and three people that you forward this to votes for me, it would still be unsure if thatwould be enough votes to insure my re-elected. So, I have to tell myself that now is not the time to be bashful. If you are receiving this, I value your friendship or a good friend of yours feels it is important that you read my request. My future on the BOD is in your hands. Happy new year and I look forward to seeing all of you on the 2008 barbeque trail!

Finally I did the right thing. I just got off the phone with Sybilla Hawkins and im paid. She said I get to vote, but I didnt find out how many votes I get. Fill me in on whats happening. Im ready to vote. Where the heck is my Bullsheet!

Finally I did the right thing. I just got off the phone with Sybilla Hawkins and im paid. She said I get to vote, but I didnt find out how many votes I get. Fill me in on whats happening. Im ready to vote. Where the heck is my Bullsheet!

Go to KCBS.US for details and of course it's in the bullsheet. Also you get to vote for 4 people and that's how many get elected to the BOD each year.

I just got my email with password and username.

I just voted for Rod, purely for his additions to this site. I don't read other boards.

Good luck all.

Thank you for your votes. I was very surprised to see my "vote for me" e-mail posted here. I'm sure he'd tell you if asked, but Ford posted that here on his on accord. Thank you for all of your help, Ford. It's good to have friends that know you are doing your best. See you somewhere on the bbq trail!

Rod

I just talked to her as well and I should get my membership e-mail in a day or two. Voting ends the 17th and Sybilla said I should have time.

I have not voted yet, I am still doing my research. I do know 2 of the 4 that I will be voting for and 1 of them is a no brainer (think Brethren) and the other is the subject of this thread....

I just got my email with password and username.

I just voted for Rod, purely for his additions to this site. I don't read other boards.

Good luck all.

Recieved mine and the Bud's yesterday and have voted. Was wondering if anyone knows how long after the voting period is over, that they will announce the outcome.

Rod, looking foward to the class in Shannon in April!!! And as Bill said good luck to all.

I got mine & sent in my votes @ about 3:45 this morning.
Pooh & Clint & 2 others.

I support Rod as well. I've gotten to know Rod over this last year. KCBS needs smart people like Rod Gray. Rod has his finger on the pulse of competition BBQ across the entire country and not just the Midwest.

Please consider supporting Rod.

Got a vote going to Rod here as well! Haven't decided on the other three yet..........

I'm kidding, Phil, you farker! I've never voted for a farker before. first time for everything... wait a second. I did vote for GW.

Again, I greatly appreciate everyone's support. The election results will be announced on Saturday evening, January 19th at the KCBS banquet. We'll all find out together!

Happy new year and best of luck to all of the candidates!

Rod

It would be hard to say in words exactly how much Rod Gray means to the KCBS. His heart is full of nothing but good for the future of the society. Rod Gray, Lynn Bruce, Phil Rizzari, and Joe Ferguson donate so much of themselves beyond the surface of everyday activity for a great future of the KCBS and for the barbecue community. I have faith, trust, admiration, and support these gentlemen to lead the KCBS into a successful direction. Bill

In my dealings with Rod I was always impressed that he was not "just looking out for himself" He truly wanted what was best for all parties involved. What a concept.

I voted for Rod and Phil too
I will keep the other two votes to myself.

You may consider voting for only one or two candidates you really like instead of voting for all 4. That way you won't up the count of your third choice and they may make it in over your first or second choice.

Rod For President !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rod also has my vote and I agree with Steve, Rod for President!!!!!!!!!!

Rod is a good man and I support him 100%.

Not that my endorsement is gonna matter much--but he is a fine person that I want on the BOD :oops:

TIM

Back