Ribeye, Amarosa Fingerlings, Shrooms, & Onions

R2Egg2Q

is One Chatty Farker
Reaction score
I had defrosted a nice 2+" thick ribeye weighing 1 lb 10 oz and Mrs. R2 asked if I could cook up some amarosa fingerling potatoes, sliced mushrooms, and onions. The Small BGE was heated up to about 300 with an indirect 2 tier setup. The taters were brushed with some garlic flavored EVOO and then received a sprinkling of Big Butz Gettin' Roasted season all and Todd's Dirt rubs. Into a foil pouch they went and onto the top grid in the Egg.

The ribeye was rubbed with Rub Co Santa Maria and Original rubs. About 20-25 minutes after the taters went on, the ribeye went onto the Egg into some smoke from a chunk of red oak. The ribeye hit an IT of about 115 around the same time as when the fingerlings were ready so they all got pulled off about the same time. The ribeye was tented under foil while I removed the indirect setup from the Egg and opened up the vents to get the Egg up to 550. The steak was seared about 1 minute per side:

While the ribeye rested, a cast iron skillet was heated up and onions added:

The mushrooms joined the pan a few minutes later:

I brought it all of the components inside:

Sliced off a chunk of the ribeye and prepped a plate for the missus. Then prepped my plate with mushrooms and onions topper for the ribeye:

It was a nice dinner. Thanks for looking!

Last edited:
That looks great, except for one major problem...it's not on MY table. Fan-farking-tactic!

Thanks Dan! Maybe someday I can place a plate like that on your table. Hoping the day comes soon when you're up & cooking one yourself!

Thanks, brother, but I can honestly and humbly say I don't think I've ever had a steak that nice, much less cooked one. I'd like to give it a try sometime :razz:

Did ya get that from a butcher...special cut, I mean. If so, stay on his good side.

Thanks, brother, but I can honestly and humbly say I don't think I've ever had a steak that nice, much less cooked one. I'd like to give it a try sometime :razz:

Did ya get that from a butcher...special cut, I mean. If so, stay on his good side.

I bought a 3 bone ribeye roast so I could cut my own steaks in 2-2 1/2" thickness. I guess I need to stay on my own good side! :grin:

Great cook John... I'd dive into this plate head first!

IMG_0710_zps5ae32dca.jpg

Does not get any better than steak and you did a very fine job.

Looks outstanding John! Love the shrooms on the side too. :wink:

Back