MMMM.. BRISKET..
The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS.  

Our Homepage Donation to Forum Overhead Welocme Merchandise Associations Purchase Subscription
Go Back   The BBQ BRETHREN FORUMS. > Discussion Area > Q-talk

Notices

Q-talk *ON TOPIC ONLY* QUALITY ON TOPIC discussion of Backyard BBQ, grilling, equipment and outdoor cookin' . ** Other cooking techniques are welcomed for when your cookin' in the kitchen. Post your hints, tips, tricks & techniques, success, failures, but stay on topic and watch for that hijacking.

Old 01-20-2021, 02:47 PM   #46
food4thot
is Blowin Smoke!

Name/Nickname : Erik, E

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curt.P View Post
Just throw the jug of oil in the trash.
I'd prefer to put the jug in the recycling bin.

Old 01-20-2021, 03:00 PM   #47
food4thot
is Blowin Smoke!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ModelMaker View Post
Oil down drain, bad, very bad.
Ed
Thought about that. It's clean peanut oil, not butter or bacon fat which would congeal in the pipes. City sewer, not a septic tank.

How does everyone here get rid of used cooking oil? Containers thrown in the trash?

Old 01-20-2021, 03:05 PM   #48
food4thot
is Blowin Smoke!

Has anyone tried Tovala and their smart oven?

Old 01-20-2021, 03:07 PM   #49
Curt.P
is one Smokin' Farker

Name/Nickname : Curt

Quote:
Originally Posted by food4thot View Post
Thought about that. It's clean peanut oil, not butter or bacon fat which would congeal in the pipes. City sewer, not a septic tank.

How does everyone here get rid of used cooking oil? Containers thrown in the trash?
Check your city's website. Mine says not to put used cooking oil (or engine oil) in the recycling container and cooking oil goes in regular trash. If you think it's worth the effort, you can also check your local recycling center to see if they take it to make biodiesel. Cooking oil is not considered harmful to the environment (at least in my area it isn't).
Curt.P is offline   Reply With Quote

Thanks from:--->
Old 01-20-2021, 03:16 PM   #50
food4thot
is Blowin Smoke!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curt.P View Post
Check your city's website. Mine says not to put used cooking oil (or engine oil) in the recycling container and cooking oil goes in regular trash. If you think it's worth the effort, you can also check your local recycling center to see if they take it to make biodiesel. Cooking oil is not considered harmful to the environment (at least in my area it isn't).
Thanks. My plan was to empty the peanut oil, then put the jug in the recycling bin.

Old 01-20-2021, 03:38 PM   #51
Southland
Got Wood.

Have both the Instant Pot and the Instant Air Fryer.

Use the Air Fryer daily
for toasting, fries. and the small pot pies.

Instant Pot for rice and soups. Great job on those.

Just me in the house, very handy.
Southland is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-20-2021, 05:47 PM   #52
toys4dlr
is one Smokin' Farker

Name/Nickname : David

I look at all things like tools. I don't need a hammer, but it comes in handy when I have to drive a nail. I use my airfryer multiple times a week, as a mater of fact I am air roasting some carrots right now to go into a stew I am making for dinner. I use my instant pot less frequenting, but it still gets used. I keep the airfryer on the counter and the instant pot in the cabinet.
I have pulled off several good meals with the instant pot. But last xmas, I cooked cheesecakes in it and they turned out great. Again, they are just tools.

Toys 4 BBQ'N Competition BBQ Team
4x Hunsaker Drum Smokers
FEC 100 (sold), FEC 120 (sold), FEC 240, FEC 500 (sold), PG 500
Shirley Fab 52 x 24 Patio (sold)
250 gallon trailered Moberg
toys4dlr is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-21-2021, 10:11 AM   #53
1MoreFord
Babbling Farker

Name/Nickname : Joe

Quote:
Originally Posted by food4thot View Post
Thanks. My plan was to empty the peanut oil, then put the jug in the recycling bin.
The regular recycling in my town won't take glass anymore so I can put glass jars with oil in the trash and throw the plastic containers in recycling.

Falcon MK V gaseous grill w/Grill Grates, OK Joe Longhorn w/ vertical - now gone, Char Griller Akorn, Camp Chef PG24SG, Weber 22" OTG w/SNS components
1MoreFord is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-21-2021, 11:49 AM   #54
LYU370
somebody shut me the fark up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1MoreFord View Post
The regular recycling in my town won't take glass anymore so I can put glass jars with oil in the trash and throw the plastic containers in recycling.
That's silly. Glass and metals are the only items you can truly recycle forever.

FEC100 - Big Joe - Weber Spirit II Gasser

Are you ready for a THROWDOWN?!?!? Join us, It's a BLAST!!

Join us for the Inaugural 2024 South East Bash - May 2024 Tennessee - Sign Up Link
LYU370 is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-21-2021, 11:58 AM   #55
Bubblehead
Knows what a fatty is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LloydQ View Post
Cannot testify to air fryers, but my understanding is that they are a glorified convection oven.
As to the Instant Pot, it can definitely replace your slow cooker. I like that you can brown your meat in it without dirtying up a skillet. Also replaces a rice cooker if you use one.
"Also replaces a rice cooker if you use one."

Not if you like rice.
Bubblehead is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-21-2021, 08:05 PM   #56
RandyNight
On the road to being a farker

Name/Nickname : Randy

Have not used either one, but the wife and daughters use the Insta-pot to make great yogurt. My wife just got one today from a close-out store and it does not have the yogurt button, so it may take closer watching to make good yogurt. Our daughter made an excellent venison dish in it.

Old 01-22-2021, 12:32 AM   #57
wazzou
Got Wood.

I use my air fryer at least once a week and I think it does a great job on things like small Salmon filets, Beer Battered Cod, French Fries, Hash Brown patties, chicken wings, chicken strips, chicken thighs, tachitos, mini-tacos and a number of other things.
I keep it on the counter.
I have an Instapot and use it only periodically, mostly in the Winter when I haven't thawed something and don't feel like grilling in the cold.
wazzou is offline   Reply With Quote