• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

First Pizza on UDS

LukeRoz

Got Wood.
Reaction score
Had beautiful weather this wknd so I decided to clean out the UDS and try some pizza on the stone i recieved for Xmas. Used some oven cleaner and pressure washer to clean, burned out and reseasoned, threw on a naked fatty (till about half way done), made some 5 min Artisan Bread dough, piled on some ingredients for a Mexican Pizza, threw on the sliced fatty slices, then popped it in the UDS till it looked done. Came out fantastic!! Cant wait for more nice weather to bbq....

Attachments

• UDS1.jpg
    UDS1.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 316
  • PIZZASTONE2.jpg
    PIZZASTONE2.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 314
  • PREPIZZA3.jpg
    PREPIZZA3.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 313
  • PIZZA4.jpg
    PIZZA4.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 316
I used charcoal and some mesquite (from a flavoring pack i received for Xmas as well...basically an aluminum cup filled w/ mesquite chips/sawdust)....i cooked at about 300-350 for about an hour, give or take......

i did not pre-heat the stone. I made the pizza right on the stone then put in UDS. I actually had no idea that people pre-heated the stone until i went to post pics on here....turned out fine though

With a pre-heated stone it probably would have cut your cooking time by half. Next time try 400F if you can get your UDS to maintain that temp.

nice looking pie! I may try my hand at it with the kettle tonight for first time..I dont own a pizzza stone..so will be using a cast iron skillet..hope to get similar results!!

Dude that is one UGLY drum:biggrin1: But the food that it turns out is fantastic!:clap:

Looking at your UDS put a smile on my face. That is one UGLY Drum Smoker. Great job on the pizza.

Looking at your UDS put a smile on my face. That is one UGLY Drum Smoker. Great job on the pizza.

Yes, I grinned a little when I saw that pic! Usually them theones that cook the best. Thats a true UDS there. Ace hardware sells little latches that work great for holding down the lids. Just spot weld em on, my buddy did it and works great, I like your vise grips better though.

Thanks for the "compliments" on the UDS. She definitely smokes like a dream...just not a pretty dream ;) The vise grips work great, er used to....a few rainstorms seized them up a little. I did however get a cover over the weekend so that should take care of it.....

i did not pre-heat the stone. I made the pizza right on the stone then put in UDS. I actually had no idea that people pre-heated the stone until i went to post pics on here....turned out fine though

Try preheating the stone (leaving in the cooker the whole time) and use a pizza peel to put the pie on the stone. That's really what they're designed for plus you'll get a lot crisper bottom on the crust.

Back